• A 14-yearold student at White Hall Middle School student was injured during a late morning altercation with a second student, according to a report filed by Patrolman Brian Todd, a school resource officer.
A 12-year-old student was charged with third-degree battery in connection with the dispute that began in the cafeteria over a juice drink and continued in the courtyard, Todd’s report indicated. Assistant Principal Mark Jelks asked Todd to file a police report and charge the younger student with assault.
The injured student was taken to a physician for treatment of a possible broken nose, Todd’s report indicated.
• No one was injured when a pickup truck and a van collided on Sheridan Road at its intersection with Heartwood Street shortly before 11:30 a.m., according to Patrolman Brian R. Hornsby said.
A westbound 2010 Ford F-150 pickup driven by Gregory P. Yeghoian of 134 Chipmunk Drive, White Hall, collided with a southbound 1994 Mazda MPV van driven by Ashley Marie Jackson of 9520 U.S. 270, White Hall, the drivers told the investigating officer.
Jackson said she was stopped on Heartwood and preparing to turn left on Sheridan Road when a westbound van blocked her vision and she didn’t see the pickup driven by Yeghoian.
Damage to the two vehicles was estimated at $5,000.
• A man pumped $23.35 in gas into a red vehicle at Big Jim’s convenience store, 8006 Dollarway Road, a store employee told Patrolman Brian R. Hornsby, and drove off without paying for the fuel.
• Sgt. Sandy Castleberry said a 2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser driven by Deborah C. Torneberry of 4300 Deerwood, White Hall, was backing out of a space at the Sonic drive-in, 8601 Dollarway Road, and collided with a 2002 Cadillac Deville driven by Marion Kaye Richardson of 1013 W. Baldwin Road, Pine Bluff, who was pulling into an adjacent space.
• Aaron J. Lewis, 23 of 3900 U.S. 65 South, Pine Bluff, was arrested by a member of the Pine Bluff Police Department on a failure to comply with a court order issued by the White Hall Division of Jefferson County District Court, and jailed in lieu of a bond.
• Sgt. Sandy Castleberry said he observed on the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department jail log that Michael Edward Brown, 43, of 3505 Poinsett County Road 149, Marked Tree, was incarcerated at the W.C. “Dub” Brassell Adult Detention Center in Pine Bluff and forwarded two outstanding warrants on Brown from the White Hall Division of Jefferson County District Court to the jail.
The warrants accused Brown of failing to comply with a White Hall court order on convictions for DWI and fleeing.
• Richard Jones of 1601 Claud Road, White Hall, told Patrolman Stephen Moreau that he found a small, dead beaver in his mailbox and a U.S. Postal Service supervisor instructed him to report the incident to police.
Moreau said the postal service supervisor told him that another incident occurred at the same address last year resulting in damage to the mailbox and a police report was required.
• Sgt. Sandy Castleberry and Patrolman Tommy Kelly responded to a complaint of a domestic disturbance shortly after 3:30 p.m. at 1108 Meredith St., White Hall, involving Scott A. Dunn, 39, and Kristen Rhea Dunn, 32.
Scott Dunn was quoted by police as saying he had packed his personal items in his truck and a trailer hooked to the truck and would return later for his motorcycle, gave her his house key and left the residence.