■ A 2012 Lexus LS460 parked and unoccupied at the Arkansas Revenue Office, 8512 Dollarway Road, was struck by a pickup truck that was backing up, said Sgt. Greg Moody.
The owner of the car, Gloria D. Randle of 11101 Princeton Pike, Pine Bluff, was inside the state office when the Lexus was hit by a 2008 Ford SportTrac driven by Victoria L. Cody of 8203 Dial Road, Rison, Moody said.
■ Lois E. Canady of Houston, Texas, reported her iPhone 4S take from an employee break room at the White Hall Nursing and Rehab Center, 9209 Dollarway Road, according to a complaint she filed with Patrolman Brian Todd.
Canady said she was visiting her father at the nursing home and had the cell phone with her when she went to the employee break room to heat her lunch, then returned to her father’s room. She told Todd that when she realized the iPhone, valued at $600, was missing, she returned to the break room, but could not find the device.
Andy Costello of 106 W. Little Lane, Apt. D7, told Sgt. Greg Moody the tailgate of his 2009 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck had been stolen while parked at the apartment complex.
Two cars collided on Gamble Road at its intersection with Arkansas 365, an accident report filed by Sgt. Greg Moody indicated.
The officer quoted Carolyn Bates of 1014 Gamble as saying she was eastbound on Gamble in a 2005 Honda Civic and had stopped at the stop sign when her car was struck from the rear by an eastbound 1993 Honda Accord driven by Lawrence T. Cook III of 4703 Tobe Road, Pine Bluff.
Cook told the officer the pavement was wet and he skidded into the rear of the Bates vehicle when he attempted to brake.
A backfiring motorcycle triggered a fire at White Hall MotorSports, 7003 Dollarway Road, but was extinguished by an employee before firemen arrived on the scene.
Fire Marshal Bill Beadle said two employees of the business sustained minor burns, but declined treatment.
Six firemen turned out in response to an automatic fire alarm at White Hall Nursing and Rehab Center, 9209 Dollarway. Fire Chief Sandy Castleberry said there was no fire and an investigation determined the smoke detector was defective.