Danielle McNealy, 2106 Barney Lane, White Hall, told Patrolman Brent Bridges that her mailbox had been knocked over during the night. A witness reported hearing a loud noise about 4 a.m. and observed a small pickup truck driving away from the area of the mailbox.
Patrolman Brent Bridges said a car and a pickup truck collided at the intersection of Jefferson Parkway and Dollarway Road when the car turned into the path of the truck.
Richard D. Marshburn of DeKalb, Texas, told the officer he was westbound in his 2003 Dodge Dakota pickup when an eastbound 2006 Ford Focus driven by Christy L. Spicer of 6922 Dollarway Road, White Hall, turned north on Dollarway into the path of the truck.
Yolanda Whiteside of 324 Regal Oaks Drive, White Hall, told Patrolman Brent Bridges the rear window of her 2008 Ford Expedition parked at the residence was knock out by vandals during the night.
— A 2003 Dodge van driven by Bobby Harrison of 12003 Dollarway Road, White Hall, collided with a 1998 Mazda Protégé driven by Debbie Haynes of 6211 Providence Road, Pine Bluff, on the parking lot of Cranford’s Fresh World, 8503 Dollarway, Patrolman Brent Bridges wrote in an accident report.
— Vandals threw eggs at a 2003 Nissan Altima parked at 204 Shamsie, White Hall, said Patrolman Brent Bridges. The vehicle’s owner, Brittney Nicole Austin, said the vehicle’s left rear passenger door, roof, hood and windshield were pelted with eggs.
A power pole in the 400 block of East Hoadley Road snapped about 3 p.m. just outside the Pine Bluff Arsenal, triggering a wide-spread electrical outage involving 2,616 Entergy customers.
Much of White Hall was within the area impacted by the power failure.
Firemen were dispatched to East Hoadley after sparks from the power lines ignited a small grass fire, which was quickly extinguished.
An employee of Jefferson Regional Medical Center’s Wellness Center, 1600 West Holland, was trapped in an elevator between the facility’s two floors. Emergency Medical Technician Bill Beadle and Fire Chief Sandy Castleberry freed the employee after she had spent about 30 minutes in the elevator.
Firemen brought the elevator “down slowly” by releasing hydraulic fluid from its motor, and then unlocked the elevator doors.