White Hall Progress logo

Police Report 1-2-13


Dec. 19

An SUV struck a parked, unoccupied car on the parking lot of First Baptist Church, 8707 Dollarway Road, Patrolman Brian Todd wrote in an accident report.

A 1999 Chevrolet Suburban driven by Aubrey Anne Dunn of 803 Robin Road, White Hall, struck a 2011 Toyota Prius owned by Karen Alayne Smith of 2800 Northridge, White Hall, as Dunn attempted to park in a space next to the smaller vehicle.

Dec. 21

— Charles R. Schmieder of 809 Meredith, White Hall, told Sgt. Sandy Castleberry a .380-caliber Ruger pistol was taken from his 2010 Ford Taurus between Dec. 13 and 21.

On Dec. 23 Schmieder told Sgt. Mark Bradley that he had found the handgun, which had been misplaced, not stolen.

— Two westbound pickup trucks collided on Sheridan Road 500-feet east of Frye Lane, according to Patrolman Tommy Kelly.

Bradley Williams of 304 Michelle Ave., White Hall, was quoted as saying his 1995 Chevrolet S-10 struck the rear of a stopped 2007 Honda truck driven by Brenna Gentry of 2805 Surfside, Pine Bluff.

Dec. 23

Stacy L. Luckett of 2102 Claud Road, Apt. A, White Hall, told Patrolman Tommy Kelly she observed the front door of apartment B standing open when she arrived at her residence about 8 p.m.

Kelly and Patrolman Stephen Moreau said they determined that both apartments A and B been forcibly entered. Luckett told the officers she could find nothing missing or disturbed in her apartment.

Joshua A. Keith, tenant in apartment B, told Moreau a 47-inch Samsung was missing from the living room and a 27-inch Samsung television was missing from a bedroom.

Fire log

Dec. 13

Firemen were dispatched to the Jessica Persons residence, 705 Park Terrace, White Hall, at 7:49 p.m. in response to a faulty automatic smoke alarm.

Dec. 18

A vehicle struck a natural gas meter at a residence at 1900 Beth Lane, White Hall, about 10:20 p.m., triggering a gas leak, according to Fire Chief Sandy Castleberry.

Castleberry quoted Peggy Hedden of 1209 Ruby Drive, Redfield, as saying she had been visiting at the Beth Lane address and struck the meter as she was leaving.

Firemen stood by until CenterPoint Entergy personnel arrived to make repairs.

Dec. 24

The Mike and Angela Jianotti residence, 117 Farah Drive, White Hall, sustained an estimated $100,000 in fire and smoke damage about 11 a.m. Christmas Eve morning.

Fire Marshal William Beadle said the first firemen on the scene found smoke coming from the roof vents of the two-story structure, adding the fire damage to the kitchen and laundry area was extensive and the rest of the structure sustained heavy smoke damage.

Beadle said the fire apparently started in the laundry room. The owners were quoted as saying they had been out of town and the dryer had not been used in 7-10 days.