The Arkansas Recycling Coalition (ARC) will hold its 22nd Annual Conference and Trade Show,
Sept. 12 through Sept. 14 at the DoubleTree Hotel and adjacent Robinson Center in
downtown Little Rock.
The theme of this year’s meeting is “Recycling in the Rock,” and Chad Pregracke,
founder and president of LivingLands and Waters, will serve as the keynote speaker.
Workshops and sessions will address “The Role of Recycling in Growing the Economy,” “Return on
Investment: Recycling’s Role in Corporate Sustainability Goals,” “State Level Policy and Procedures,”
“The Future of Water in Arkansas,” “Zero Waste,” “Recycling and Economic Development Success Stories
in Arkansas” and several other hot topics. Attendees will also have opportunities to participate in the annual
golf tournament, a bus tour and evening receptions. The conference also showcases a trade show of
An Awards Luncheon will be held on Sept. 13 to honor the outstanding recyclers in Arkansas.
This year’s recipients are:
• Government Recycler of the Year: Arkansas National Guard, Camp Robinson, North Little Rock
• Recycling Education Program of the Year: Carroll County Solid Waste Authority, Eureka Springs,
and Cross County Special Workshop, Wynne
• Community Involvement Award: ESCO Processing & Recycling, Rogers
• Corporate Recycler of the Year: McKee Foods, Gentry
• Individual Recycler of the Year: Davis Iron and Metal, Fort Smith
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available to participants. To learn more about this Conference or to
register go to: www.recycleark.org or contact the Arkansas Recycling Coalition office at 866.290.1429 or
via the information above.