Dollarway’s Davonne Chapman, McGehee’s Zach Ellis, Watson Chapel’s Kamera Bozeman and Star City’s Tyeshia Harris each will get to play one more high school basketball game.
The four Southeast Arkansas high school seniors have been selected for the Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star games, to be held June 20 at the University of Central Arkansas’ Farris Center in Conway. The Arkansas Activities Association released the full rosters for both boys and girls games Thursday.
For Ellis and Harris, their selections for the All-Star games come just days after they were announced as Southeast Arkansas Players of the Year by The Commercial. Ellis, a two-time winner of the honor, led the Owls to the 8-3A Conference and Region 4 championships and their second state semifinal in three years. The forward averaged 20 points, seven rebounds, two steals and 7.5 assists per game this season.
Harris, the Lady Bulldogs’ center, averaged 16 points and six rebounds per game. She helped Star City finish undefeated in the 8-4A Conference for a fifth straight season and reach the state semis, one year after helping the Lady Bulldogs win the title. She was expected to sign with Arkansas Tech this week.
Chapman, the Cardinals’ center, is coming off a 4A runner-up run that included the 2-4A Conference and District titles and the 4A East Region crown. He poured in 15 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game.
Bozeman ruled the low post for the 5A-South Conference champion Lady Wildcats, totaling 13 points, five rebounds and two blocks a contest.
The All-Star girls game will tip off at 6 p.m., with the boys game to follow. This is the 58th year for the event, which had been held at the University of Arkansas in recent years.
AHSCA All-Star Basketball Rosters
• Coaches: Jay Cook, Paragould (head); Stan Fowler, Buffalo Island Central; James Halitzka, Weiner; Selita Farr, Little Rock Hall
• Manager: Sydnie Layrock, Paragould
• Players: Whitley Boggs, Marmaduke; Tierra Coffey, Hall; Samatha Flowers, Brookland; Brittany Fowler, Buffalo Island Central; Carson Gill, Paragould; Tyeshia Harris, Star City; Peyton Herrell, Jessieville; Jamie Jackson, Beebe; Roshunda Johnson, Little Rock Parkview; Katie Kapler, Mountain Home; Raquel Logan, West Memphis; Savannah Skidmore, Calico Rock; Kassidy Spradlin, Bald Knob; Callie White, Fort Smith Southside; Hannah Willard, Bay
• Coaches: Charles Berry (head), Huntsville; Jess Martin, Malvern; Randy Loyd, Magazine; Robert Tucker, Kirby
• Manager: Vanessa Burgess, Huntsville
• Players: Madison Backus, Mountainburg; Kamera Bozeman, Watson Chapel; Mary Crow, Bauxite; Logan Davis, Bryant; Danielle Frachiseur, Wickes; Sydney Franklin, West Fork; Kenzie Graham, Magazine; Justyne Huber, Prairie Grove; Taylor Lee, Bentonville; Marchelle Lockhart, El Dorado; Brianna Mullins, Nevada; Markie Seay, Mountain View; Taylor Strickland, Rogers; Sydney Striplin, Huntsville; Ali Whisenhunt, Kirby
• Coaches: Johnny Rice, North Little Rock (head); Brad Francis, Harding Academy; Isaac Middlebrooks, Cedar Ridge; Bobby Gross, Brookland
• Players: Thomas Alexander, North Little Rock; Logan Bailey, Greers Ferry West Side; Allen Buchana, Marked Tree; Davonne Chapman, Dollarway; Keith Charleston, Jacksonville; Zach Ellis, McGehee; Will Francis, Harding Academy; Justin Leon, Conway; Chaz Matthews, Cave City; Justin McCleary, Jacksonville; Tyson Oliver, Bay; Imara Ready, Parkview; Jammar Sturdivant, East Poinsett County; Randle Toliver, Jonesboro; Dayshawn Watkins, North Little Rock
• Coaches: Shane Thurman, Pottsville (head); Chris Nail, Benton; David Ferrell, West Fork; Kyle Adams, Fayetteville
• Manager: Michael Perry, Pottsville
• Players: Andrew Beck, Conway St. Joseph; Ethan Farris, Mountain View; Josh Ferrell, West Fork; Justin Gattis, County Line; Ricky Gipson, Benton; Jacob Hall, Pea Ridge; Travon Harper, Stephens; Payton Henson, Siloam Springs; Jamal Laford, Mountain Pine; Dedrick Lee, Clarksville; Kyle Roberts, Mena; Nick Smith, Bentonville; Bryan Torres, Benton; Manny Watkins, Fayetteville; Brock Widders, Alma