The Arkansas Parole Board has recommended pardons for four Southeast Arkansas residents and rejected the applications of one more.
All the recommendations will be sent to Gov. Mike Beebe, who will make the final decision on whether to issue the pardons.
Those people recommended for pardon, the county of conviction and the charges are as follows:
• Roger Barnett; Arkansas County; burglary, grand larceny, theft of property;
• Randy King; Dallas, Jefferson and Grant counties; theft of property, criminal trespass, possession of a controlled substance;
• Toby Lane; Arkansas County; second-degree criminal mischief, third-degree battery;
• Randall Keith Reed; Bradley County; two counts of second-degree battery.
Those people whose requests were rejected by the board, the county of conviction and the charges are as follows:
• Billie Jo (Miller) Alexander, Grant County, reckless burning.
The board also considered applications for commutation, but rejected the Southeast Arkansas applications:
• Ronald Burrell; Jefferson County; aggravated robbery, burglary;
• Cindy Guy; Jefferson County; forgery (probation revocation), theft of property (probation revocation), aggravated robbery, being a felon in possession of a firearm;
• Leon Hardin III; Drew County; possession of a controlled substance.