Bond set in alleged shooting, kidnapping

A $100,000 cash-only bond was set Monday for a man who allegedly shot a woman, then forced her into his car and drove to Redfield where the vehicle broke down.

After he was arrested by Redfield police, officers found a gun that had been defaced, as well as suspected cocaine, Deputy Prosecutor Maxie Kizer said during a court hearing for Antonio Johnson, 35, on Monday.

Pine Bluff Police Detective Cassandra McAfee said in a probable-cause affidavit that police were sent to the Valero truck stop at Redfield at 10:15 p.m., to assist Redfield police, who had responded to a reported disturbance.

Redfield Detective Teri Patterson said in an affidavit that Chief Steve McFatridge saw a female sitting in a car, and a man later identified as Johnson under the hood of the vehicle.

The female, later identified as Tiffany Moore, raised her hand, which was bloody, and told McFatridge that Johnson had a gun, Patterson said in the affadavit. According to Patterson, McFatridge pulled out his service weapon and ordered Johnson to drop the gun. Johnson dropped the weapon under the hood of the car, Patterson said.

McAfee said in her affidavit that Moore told them that she and Johnson had been involved in an argument in Pine Bluff and Johnson shot her in the hand before putting her into his vehicle.

Kizer said Johnson allegedly told Moore he was “going to take her to Little Rock and kill her,” and tried to bind her legs with duct tape before the car broke down at Redfield.

Patterson said in her affidavit that when the car was searched, officers found plastic baggies containing suspected cocaine, and discovered that the gun had been defaced. In addition, Johnson is on felony probation.

Bridgforth ruled that prosecutors had probable cause to charge Johnson with first-degree domestic battery and kidnapping, as well as simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, possession of a defaced firearm, possession of a controlled substance with purpose to deliver and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Bridgforth ordered Johnson to have no contact with Moore until the case is settled, and told him to come back to court May 20.

Johnson said he would hire his own attorney.