Six ordinances received first or second readings at Monday night’s Pine Bluff City Council meeting.
Those receiving second readings called for:
• Closing a portion of Clark Drive.
• Providing for the reimbursement of police officers and firefighters for the expense of repairing or replacing uniforms and turnouts damaged or destroyed in the line of duty.
Those receiving first readings called for:
• Authorizing a short-term financing agreement with Pine Bluff National Bank to acquire four police cars. The measure was referred to the public safety commission for additional considerations.
• Amending the code of ordinances regarding provisions of the city’s retirement system.
• Amending the zoning code, as it applies to temporary housing for emergency services.
• Amending an ordinance seeking closure of a portion of an alley in Block 18 of Eureka Heights, Addition No. 4. The measure was referred to the planning and development committee for additional considerations.