Nine items — eight ordinances and a resolution — await the Pine Bluff City Council at its Monday night meeting in the civic center’s council chambers.
Only one ordinance is due for a third and final reading and probable vote. The measure, sponsored by Alderman Steven Mays, calls for repealing existing legislation concerning residency requirements for city department heads, establishing a new residency rule of within 12 miles of city limits, and grandfathering current administrators from the future restriction. The measure would apply to interim and permanent administrators.
The resolution calls for authorizing the mayor to execute an agreement for the sale of real property at 405 University Drive to SMR Acquisitions. The site’s sale price is currently $30,000.
Four ordinances scheduled for second readings call for:
• Requiring city departments and agencies to utilize the city’s local cable television channel and Web site as well as advertising in a local newspaper of general circulation when advertising for bids for the purchase of items or requests for proposals for professional or other services;
• Prohibiting a person in public view from wearing pants or skirts below the waistline that expose undergarments or skin on certain public properties;
• Directing that the former Army Reserve/National Guard armory at 1000 North Myrtle Street serve as the new site of the police department’s patrol division; and
• Creating a privilege fee for non-resident employees as a condition of employment with the city and prescribing the fee amount and usages.
Three ordinances scheduled for initial readings call for:
• Merging the animal control department into the police department as a division and allowing the police chief to administer and supervise the division and name its immediate supervisor;
• Providing for the rezoning from residential to commercial an eight-acre site at the southeast corner of the intersection of Interstate 530 and Old Warren Road; and
• Establishing parameters for ambulance service in the city.
The council meeting will start at 5:30 p.m. The public safety committee will meet at 4 and the ways and means and ordinances and resolutions committees will gather at 5.