The Arkansas Parole Board has recommended pardons for five Southeast Arkansas residents, and rejected the applications of three more.
All the recommendations will be sent to Gov. Mike Beebe, who will make the final decision on whether to issue the pardons.
Those people recommended for pardon, the county of conviction, and the charges are as follows:
• Louis Terry Callins, Jefferson County, fraudulent use of a credit card and theft of property.
• Beverly K. Bounds Clanton, Bradley County, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of drug paraphernalia (probation revocation).
• Marvin W. Collins, Jefferson County, second-degree escape.
• Tony M. Ratliff, Jefferson County, breaking or entering and theft of property, disorderly conduct.
• Ellis R. Tidwell, Dallas County, two counts delivery of cocaine.
Those people whose requests were rejected by the board, the county of conviction and the charges are as follows:
• Eric Hall, Jefferson County, carrying a prohibited weapon, failure to comply with Volunteers in Court, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, loud noise and failure to appear on the loud noise charge, possession of a controlled substance, first-degree forgery and possession of cocaine.
• Veronica Poole, Bradley County, first-degree battery.
• Jeffery Turner, Jefferson County, theft of property, shoplifting.