Weekly Jefferson County Road Department and Recycling Report
• Bridge Crew: A tree fell across Gaddy Koonce Road during the storm on May 16 and the bridge crew cut the tree to get it off the road. The culvert was cleaned out on Middle Warren Road.
• Patching Crew: Potholes were filled on Old Warren Road, Earl Chadick, McKinney, Whiteville Road and the surrounding area.
• Culvert Crews and Heavy Equipment Operators: Cleaned out culverts on Hardin-Reed Road, Cook Road, S. Evans ands Butram Road, Cleaned brush off the road on Mae Road, Wampler Spur Road, Longleaf Lane, Claud Road and Morning Star. The wash out was repaired on Bruce Trail. The ditches were cleaned out on Nesby, Adamson, Reed Drive, Cannon Drive, Dawson Road, Double L Road, Jeffery Road, O’Mary Drive, Kenneth Drive and Edna Cove.
• Truck Drivers: Worked at the recycling center hauling chips to be buried.
• Grader Operators: Checked roads for wash outs due to heavy rain. Gibb Anderson and Reydell Roads were graded.
• Ditching Crews: The ditches were cleaned out on Jacks Road and county roads from Highway 54 to Middle Warren Road.
• Sign Shop: High water signs were taken to Camden Cutoff, Middle Warren Road, Ty Lane, Gaddy Koonce Road, Weekly Road. The signs were checked on Richmond Core, Grider Field and Wilbur West Road. • Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Grider Field Ladd Road, Middle Warren, Rosswood, Weekly, Wilbur West and Coachlight Drive.
• Because of the storms on Thursday, May 16, employees were called out to work on Saturday to repair the roads that were washed out. Gilliand Road was graded and gravel was put on the road. Ty Lane and Samuel Road were graded and potholes were filled on McKinney Road.
• Bridge Crew: Checked the bridge on Clint Henderson Road and Wabbaseka Road and cut debris from around the bridges. The right of way was cut on Lisa Lane, Weekly Road and Melanie Lane.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Wilson Road, Rob Roy Road, Earl Chadick, Joe T. Henslee, Morrow, Richmond Core and South McKinney.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Installed a culvert on Middle Warren Road and Pointer Road and covered then with gravel and bab. Culvert washed out at 6918 Middle Warren Road and had to be covered again.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled 139 loads of chips to the recycling center to be buried.
• Grader Operators: Graded Sell Davis Road and spread 40 yards of gravel on the road. Graded McIntire Road, County Line Road and Bruce Trail, and spread 34 yards of red gravel on Bruce Trail. Graded Wampler Spur Road and spread 14 yards of wash rock on the road.
• Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditch on Ray Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Hooker Road, Richmond Core, Morrow, Sell Davis, Melanie Lane and Lisa Lane.
• Sign Shop: Put road signs up on Lazy Hill Drive, Hixson Circle, Divine Drive. Put stop signs up on Hixson Circle and South McKinney Road. Put speed limit sign up on Hixson Road and a slow, children at play sign. Checked mileage on Rob Roy Road for a project that is coming up.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Hooker Road, Sims Road, Richmond Core, Wood Road, Bennett, Webb Road, North Pack Road, Joe T. Henslee, West McKinney, Peck Road, Mitchell Road, Wilbur West Road and Grider Field Road.
• Bridge Crew: Cleaned up around the bridge on Richmond Core Road. The debris was cut back from around the bridge. The right of way was cut on Regalia and Ty Lane.
• Patching Crew: The pipe on Dixon Lane was cleaned out.
• Culvert Crew: The wash outs were repaired on Brantley, Gaddy Koonce and Farm Lane. Fourteen yards of gravel was used on these roads to fill in where they had washed out. A beaver dam was removed on Gilliand Road and Mulberry Road. Pipes were cleaned out on Thomas Road, Nesby, Adamson, Claud Road, Longleaf, Cannon Road, Dawson Road, Reed Road, Double L Road, JoAnn, Kenneth and O’Mary Road to prevent flooding.
• Truck Drivers: Worked at the recycling center covering the tire chips that were being buried and cleaned the area where the tires had been stockpiled.
• Grader Operators: Graded County Line Road, Sell Davis, Maynard and completed McIntire Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Ray Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Richmond Core Road, Irene Drive, Teal Drive, and from Middle Warren to old Warren Road.
• Sign Shop: Checked the signs on South Evans, Princeton Pike and Highway 54. Worked in the sign shop and made the needed signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Petty Road, Shannon Road, Target Valley, Hixson Circle, Henderson and Lowman Road.
• Bridge Crew: Worked on the bridge on Beechnut Road to repair the hole at the end of the bridge. Cut debris from around the bridge on Richmond Core Road.
• Patching Crew: Potholes were filled on Gilliand Road, Grider Field Road and Gibb Anderson Road.
• Culvert Crew: Covered the culvert at 9620 and 9602 Middle Warren Road and put gravel in the washouts on driveway culverts on Hardin Reed Road and Middle Warren Road.
• Truck Driver: Hauled tire chips to the back of the recycling center to be buried.
• Grader Operators: Graded Chamberwood, South Gilliand, Melanie Lane, Lisa Lane and Peaceful Valley Road and one load of gravel was spread on the road. Also the wash out was repaired on Summers Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Grass was cut on Nolino Drive, Osage, Teal and Mallard Road.
• Sign Shop: Flagged traffic on Harmony Church Road for the mowing crew. Made one call report for Marshall Road to put up the sign and put the road sign up on South Evans and Princeton Pike. Worked in the shop making signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Mae Road, South Evans Road, Blomie Road, Princeton Pike, Frazier, Walley Road, Hardin Reed Road, Adams Road and Morning Road.
• Bridge Crew: Checked the bridge on Mitchell Road and Jim Ford Road and cut the debris from around the bridge. The right of way was cut on Harmony Church Road.
• Patching Crew: Holes were filled on Irene, Mallard, Teal, Celia, Atkins Lake Road, Wilderness, Dogwood, Chaney, Byrd Road and Stagecoach Road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Unstopped culverts on Ray Road and Evans Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled 63 loads of tire chips to the back of the recycling center to be buried.
• Grader Operators: Maynard Road, Walker Road, Hartley Dump Road, State Farm Road, Wampler Spur Road were graded and wash rock was put on the road. Half of German Springs Road was graded. Huntley Trail, Fallis Lake Road, Sunset Lane was graded and two loads of gravel was put on the road. • Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut in the ditches on Pondersona, Peaceful Valley Road, Ferda Road, North Park, Beale Street, Bush, Vince Road and Sell Davis.
• Sign Shop: Two slow children at play signs were put up on Mitchell Road. Checked for signs on McKinney and Earl Chadick. Fixed the road sign on Hudson and Highway 79. A culvert was torn up on Tara Lane and a one call was made to replace the culvert on Tara Lane.
• Mowed Jefferson County lot behind Pope Furniture and mowed and weeded around the shop at the road department.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Jimmie Road, Morning Road, Bruce Trail, Wampler Spur Road, Raymond Road, German Springs Road, Willard Road, Castro and Pony Trail.
Sanitation and Recycling Report
• Had a cleanup at Humphrey, 15.8 tons of trash hauled.
• Had a cleanup at Island Harbor, 1 box hauled.
• Jefferson County ground a total of 52.18 tons of tires.
• Hauled in five tire boxes, five paper boxes and five trash boxes.
• Sent out one newspaper truck.