Terminology for work and materials used:
Arkansas One Call: The state of Arkansas requires a one call before digging begins on many of our roads and ditches. A one call is where the different utilities locate their lines where the work is to be done. When the lines and pipes of the utilities are located they are marked so as to alert Jefferson County employees not to dig in that area.
SB2: Large gray gravel used on road to stabilize the road base.
Cold Mix: Asphalt used for patching potholes.
Hot Mix: Asphalt used to overlay roads.
CRS2: The oil used to chip-seal a road.
Calcium: Sprayed onto bridges and roads to melt snow and ice. Also used on gravel roads to control dust.
Rip Rap: Large rock used for washouts on ditch banks and around the ends of culverts. Rip is sometimes used as a sub base for new roads if there is a lot of water underground.
Sealing Chips: Gray crushed granite rock that is used with CRS2 to chip and seal a road.
Herbicide Spraying: Used around bridges and signs to kill weeds and bushes.
The roads that were repaired by the Jefferson County Road Department last week are as follows:
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Earl Chadick Road, Pipkin Road, Farm Lane, Rayhan Road, River Road, Dogwood Forrest Road and Hardin Reed Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled three loads of SB2 from Little Rock to the Jefferson County Road Department.
• Grader Operators: Graded Gibb Anderson Road, Acorn Road, Bayou Meto Recreational Road, Hannaberry Lake Road, Scroggins Road, Revils Road and Luckie Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut the right of way on Pepperridge Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on McKinney Road, Tamo River Road, Reydell Road and Swan Lake Recreational Road.
• Sign Shop: A Neighborhood Watch sign was put up on Stewart Road. a sign was replaced on McFadden Road and signs were checked on Old Warren Road, Middle Warren Road and Jefferson Parkway. The rest of the day was spent in the sign shop making signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Ty Lane, Glendale Road and took pictures of Old Warren Road where loggers are coming in and out.
• Bridge Crew: Checked bridges on Camden Cutoff and Springlake Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Sorrells Road, LaJolla Road, Rusty Drive, Springlake Road, Wilderness Road and Dogwood Drive.
• Grader Operators: Graded Peaceful Valley Road, Lisa Lane, Melanie Lane, Ty Lane, Jacob Road, Gibson Road, Reydell Road, Rado Road, Providence Road and half of Huntley Trail.
• Ditching Crew: Cut the right of way on Dyson Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on McKinney Road and Tamo River Road.
• Sign Shop: Signs were put up at Donna Road, Cook Road, Simmons Road, McFadden Road. A sign was fixed at Highway 270 and Cook Road. The rest of the day was spent in the sign shop making signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Pleasant Drive, Ramick Road, Adams Road, Pine Creek Lane, Tall Pine Road, Evans Road, Hardin Reed Road, Blocker Drive, Bob White Road, Boy’s Training School Road and Dawson Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Wilbur West with cold mix. Crew worked on the paving machine. Checked roads and moved limbs off of Jacks Road, Shannon Road, Petty Road and Teal Road.
• Culvert Crew: Unstopped the culvert on Hardin Reed Road and Earl Chadick Road.
• Truck Driver: Hauled SB2 from Little Rock to the Jefferson County Road Department.
• Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditches on Hardinwood Drive, Donaldson Lane, North and South Evans, Butrum Road, Fites Road, Louise Road, Cook Road, Gorman Road, Birdsong Road, Camp Road, Jamestown Road, Easy Road, Ashley Road, Moss Road, and Moss Road. Cleaned out the culverts on Claud Road, Hardin Road North and Elkins Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut the grass on Belmont Road.
• Sign Shop: Checked the stop sign on Driftwood Road and Whiteville Road. Checked signs on Sulphur Springs Road, Gaddy Koonce Road, Whiteville Road, Highway 54 and Highway 63 and Pinebergen Road. The rest of the day was spent in the sign shop making signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping and trashy yards on McEntire Road, Wheller Chapel Road, Pointer Road, Hooker Road, Nolino Road, Teal Drive, Irene Drive, Koeing Road, Abernathy Road, Deep Bayou Road, Griderfield Ladd Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Rayhan Road with cold mix where pipe had settled causing a hole in the road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Looked for pipes to repair. Tire chips were buried at the Jefferson County Recycling Center.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled two loads of river rock from Little Rock to the Jefferson County Road Department.
• Grader Operators: The right of way was cut on Dyson Road and Rawls Circle. Graded Clint Henderson Road, also checked the following roads to see if they were in need of repair: Deer Lane, Wallace Road, Celia Road, Jed Road, Jericho Road, Shine Road. Also moved the grader to Clint Henderson Road.
• Ditching Crew: The ditches on German Springs Road were sprayed to kill the weeds and the debris was cleaned up.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Tucker Parkway, Horseshoe Lake Road, Newton Road and South Bitely Road.
• Sign Shop: A stop sign was put on Donna Road, Driftwood Road, South Pointer Road and a road sign was put on Whitehead Road. The weeds were cut and cleaned up around a speed limit sign on South Pointer Road and a sign was put up on Earl Chadick Road for the Wright Fire Department. A sign was fixed on Trulock Bay Road.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping and trashy yards on German Springs Road, Bruce Trail, Stowe Road, Stokes Road, Monk Road, Evans Road, Hardin Road North, Elkins Road, Divoky Road, Middle Warren Road and Peaceful Valley Road.
• Bridge Crew: The bridges were checked on McKelvin Road.
• Patching Crew: The potholes were filled on Stagecoach Road.
• Culvert Crew: Measured the road on Forrest Road, Kingswood Estate Road and McKelvin Road. Checked pipes on Huntley Trail, Rayhan Road and Dogwood Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Bayou Meto Recreational Road, Kotchell Road, Wrape Road, Florene Road, Gibb Anderson Road and Reba Lane. Tire chips were buried at the Jefferson County Recycling Center. The right of way was cut on McKelvin Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Newton Road, O’Brient Road, Jim Ford Road and Horseshoe Lake Road.
• Sign Shop: A road sign and a stop sign were put up on Moore Road, Liska Road, Azalea Hills Road, Hargis Road and Gorman Road. A road sign was put up on MInton Road and Allbrtton Road.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Morgan Road, Rob Roy Road, Lake Dick Road, Sheppard Island Road, Lovelace Road, Charles Wooden Road, Emmett Sanders Road, Collier Lee Road, Harvey Road, Reed Lake Road, Hardin Reed Road and Herring Road.
Jefferson County Recycling Report
• Took in nine tire boxes, seven paper boxes, three trash boxes.
• Took in three trash trailers and sent out three trash trailers.
• Jefferson County brought in 24 tons of tires.
• Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 71 tons of tires.
• Sent out a shipment of newspaper.