Terminology for work and materials used:
Arkansas One Call: The state of Arkansas requires a one call before digging begins on many of our roads and ditches. A one call is where the different utilities locate their lines where the work is to be done. When the lines and pipes of the utilities are located they are marked so as to alert Jefferson County employees not to dig in that area.
SB2: Large gray gravel used on road to stabilize the road base.
Cold Mix: Asphalt used for patching potholes.
Hot Mix: Asphalt used to overlay roads.
CRS2: The oil used to chip-seal a road.
Calcium: Sprayed onto bridges and roads to melt snow and ice. Also used on gravel roads to control dust.
Rip Rap: Large rock used for washouts on ditch banks and around the ends of culverts. Rip is sometimes used as a sub base for new roads if there is a lot of water underground.
Sealing Chips: Gray crushed granite rock that is used with CRS2 to chip and seal a road.
Herbicide Spraying: Used around bridges and signs to kill weeds and bushes.
The Roads that were repaired by the Jefferson County Road Department last week are as follows:
• Bridge Crew: The debris was cut and the trash was cleaned up from the pipe and steel wall around the bridge on Blue Rock Road and Longbell Road. Brush was cut on Lee Springs Road. The right of way was curt on Lowman Road and Darby Lane.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Luckie Road and sprayed Henslee Lake Road with CRS2. Filled potholes on McGaughy Road, Griderfield Road, Wilbur West Road with cold mix.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Crew: Culverts were installed on Jeter and Longbell Road using 12 yards of SB2 and Bab and 10 yards of red grave land Bab to cover the culverts.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2, red gravel and Bab to Jeter Road and Longbell Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Wood Road, Red Hunter Road, Watkins Road, Bennett Road, North Pack Road, Hooker and Abernathy Roads.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Morgan Road.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on North Pack Road, Webb Road, East Vaugine, Peek Road, Guenther Road, Spainhour Road, Griderfield Road, Ladd Road, Wilbur West Road, Celia Road and Chalmette Road.
• Bridge Crew: The right of way was cut on Hawkeye, Blythe, Talhoa Road and Kesterson Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Catfish Farm Road, Wilbur West Road and Jefferson Parkway Bridge.
• Culvert Crew: Checked the big run-off ditch on Nolino Drive.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 from Little Rock to Clint Henderson Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Riverside Road, Sims Road, Honey Bee Road, Red Hall Road, Tower Road, Cactus Trail, Ferda Road, Tucker Street, Townsend Toad, Tas Road, Fire Department Road, Vandalsen Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Chandler Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Blankenship Road and Cornerstone Road. Sprayed ditches on Chaney Road with herbicide to kill the grass and picked up debris. • Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Kristen Lane, Brittany Road, Keb Road, NCTR Road, Nenning Road, Billingsley Road, Faye Harris Road and Ussery Cove.
• Bridge Crew: The bridges were checked on State Line Road, Clint Henderson, Wabbaseka Road and Gilliand Road. The right of way was cut on Spring Lake Road, Rogers Road and to the entrance gate on Fitzhugh Cemetery Road all the way to the end.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Wilbur West Road with cold mix.
• Culvert Crew: Measured for culverts on Griderfield Road and Pointer Road. The ditches were checked on Princeton Pike and the drain ditch was cleaned out on Robinson Road.
• Truck Driver: Hauled SB2 from Little Rock to Guenther Road.
• Grader Operator: Graded Guenther Road and spread 60 yards of SB2 on the road. Graded Klie Road, O’Brient, Fugate and Rolfe Road.
• Ditching Crew: The ditches were sprayed on Byrd Road with herbicide to kill the grass and picked up debris.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Blankenship Road, Tamo River Road, Hannaberry Lake Road, Luckie Road and Jacob Road.
• Sign Shop: A road sign was put up on Highway 270 and Quattlebaum Road. The road signs on Highway 31 and at the intersection of McKinney Road and Jim Ford Road were checked. A speed limit sign and a road sign were put up on Kady Road. The signs were checked going down Highway 365 north.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Stagecoach Road, Jefferson Cemetery Road, Peaceful Valley Road, Harmony Church Road, Middle Warren Road, Regalia Drive, Divoky Road, Justins Lane, Davis Road and Hyde Road.
• Bridge Crew: The bridges were checked on Cantrell Road, Ellison, Collier Lee Road and Reed Lake Road. The right of way was cut on Spring Lake Road and Raintree Drive. The bridge on State Line Road was checked and two pilings need to be replaced.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Horseshoe Lake Road with cold mix.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Culverts were installed on Evans Road and 16 yards of SB2 was used to cover the culvert. A driveway pipe was installed on NCTR Road and covered with 12 yards of SB2.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 from Little Rock to Evans Road and NCTR Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Winston, Kindness, Sleepy Hollow, Otto Hall Road and Noble Lake Road.
• Sign Shop: Two signs were put up on Highway 79 south for Spring Lake. Replaced road signs on Cook Road, Elkins Road, South Evans Road with signs made in the sign shop.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Hyde Road, Stedham Road, Pipeline Road, Carter Road, Baugh Road, Chandler Road, Tobe Road and Charles Road.
• Bridge Crew: Checked bridges on Watkins Road, Morrow Road, Wood Road, Earl Chadick and Richmond Core Road. The brush and trees were cut back from the pipes on Sell Davis Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on St. Raphael Road and Bohannon Road with cold mix. Spread three loads of hot mix on Clint Hendrson Road.
• Culvert Crew: Measured for a culvert on North Evans Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Osborn Road, Griderfield Road, Bayou Meto Road, Danaher, Vaugine, Blackwell and Cantrell Road. The right of way was cut on Jason Road and Cross Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on Mabry Road and Tamo River Road.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping on Pleasant Drive, Crows Nest, Country Place, Sandy Bayou, Serenity Lane, Cascade Lane, Sunny Lake, Glendale Road, Whiteville Road, Sorrells Road and Gaddy Koonce Road.
• Took in seven tire boxes, eight paper boxes, three trash boxes.
• Sent two trash boxes out.
• Brought three trash trailers on, took three out.
• Jefferson County brought in 26.37 tons of tires.
• Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 67.29 tons of tires.
• Hauled 13.64 tons of trash to waste management.
• Held Youth Recycling Awareness Drive Aug. 9
• Bought wood for the Sulphur Springs Pavilion reconstruction, placed trash box at site.
• Picked up box from Jefferson County Jail and took it back.