Weekly County Road Department and Recycling Report
• Bridge Crew: The bridges were checked on Jim Ford and Blue Rock Road. The trees and debris were cut from around the bridge. The right of way was cut on Surfside, Edlerwood, Hackwood Road, Driftwood, Sunny Lane, Sunny Circle and Misty Creek.
• Patching Crew: The potholes on Clint Henderson Road were filled using two loads of hot mix.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy equipment Operators: Were busy pushing tires at the recycling center to be buried.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled two load of hot mix to Clint Henderson Road to be used to fill potholes.
• Grader Operators: Graded GriderField-Ladd Road.
• Ditching Crew: The ditches were sprayed with herbicide on Joe T. Hensley, Ray Dean and Richmond Core Roads to kill the grass and weeds.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on McEntire Road, Cantrell, Altheimer East Road and Altheimer Sewer Ponds.
• Sign Shop: Checked roads on Highway 79 north in Humphrey, Tucker and Sherrill for missing signs.
• Environmental Officer: Checked roads for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Payton Road, Ramick, Temple, Farm Lane, Golden Lane, Lowman, Camden Cut-Off, Rogers, McKelvin, Shine Road, Pine Meadow, Springlake Road, Dyson Road, Bice Drive, Rawls Circle, Linda Drive, Cross Road.
• Bridge Crew: The bridge on Blue Road Road was checked and the debris was cut from around the bridge. The right of way was cut on Bearden Road.
• Patching Crew: Continued patching on Clint Henderson Road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Sprayed around bridges and signs on Sell Davis, Ferda Road, State Farm Road, Bogene, Danaher and Morrow Road. The culverts were cut on Serenity and Meadow Pond Road.
• Truck Drivers: Buried tire chips/ covered them with dirt at the recycling center.
• Grader Operators: Graded Clint Henderson, Gilliand Road, Wabbaseka-Altheimer Cemetery Road, Blackwell, county Farm Road, Jefferson-Lincoln County Line Road and Ellison Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on McEntire Road.
• Sign Shop: Made and put up two signs on the Clean Team trailer. Checked Highway 79 south and Whiteville Roads for missing signs. Made and put up signs up at Camden Cut-Off and Highway 79 south and Fulkerson Road and Highway 79 south. Worked in the sign shop.
• Environmental Officer: Checked roads for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Jay Lynn Road, Hydra Drive, Culp Road, Henderson Road, Petty Road, Lazy Hill, Margie Drive, Gibb Anderson Road, Pinebergen, Wilbur West, Griderfield Road and Gilliand Road.
• The Sixth Division of Circuit Court (Juvenile Court) completed the following roads during the month of May, according to Community Service Director Glenn Barnes.
• Middle Warren Road
• Bruce Trail
• Princeton Pike
• Ryburn Road
• Wampler Spur Road
• Bridge Crew: The bridges were checked on Jim Ford Road and Altheimer East Road and debris was cut from around the bridges. Herbicide was sprayed around bridges and signs on Gilland Road, Cantrell, Blackwell, Ellison, Hartley Dump Road, Wabbaseka Road, Clint Henderson, Crooked Creek and Ackling Bridge to kill the grass and weeds.
• Patching Crew: Patched Clint Henderson Road using cold mix.
• Heavy Equipment Operators: Moved equipment to Rob Roy Road.
• Truck Drivers: Put top soil on slopes at the recycling center on Gravel Pit Road. Hauled gravel to McEntire Road to spread on the road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Harlan Road, Marshall, Tom Harvill Road, McEntire Road, Wayne Drive, Castro Road, Fernleaf, Appian Way and Alford Lane. Graded the road in the cemetery off Highway 425, McEntire Road, Lincoln County Line Road, and in the Humphrey area.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Chandler Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on McGaughy Road, Stardust and Oak Grove Cemetery.
• Bridge Crew: The bridge on Quattlebaum Road was checked to assess the bridge for costs to replace it. The ditches were sprayed with herbicide to kill the weeds and grass on Garrett, Longbell, Mulberry Grove Road, Fluke Kelly, Willie Jacks, Altheimer East, Wilson, Reed Lake Road, Battle Chapel Road, Blue Rock, Morgan and Cornerstone.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Rob Roy Road.
• Culvert Crew: Installed pipe on Pleasant Drive.
• Truck Driver: Cleaned up at the tire recycling center.
• Grader Operators: Graded Harvey Road, Collier Lee, Lonoke County Line Road, Murchinson and Cottonwood Road. Cut shoulders on Rob Roy Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on McGaughy, Stardust Trail, State Farm Road, South Pointer and East Pointer.
• Sign Shop: A sign was put up on Hartley Dump Road and Jim Ford Road. Other roads that were checked for signs were Cantrell and Blackwell. A stop sign and a road sign were put up on Willis Road. A stop sign and a road sign were put back up on Pine Cone Lane and Middle Warren Road. The stop on Dyson Road was vandalized and had to be replaced.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Papermill Road, Laura Lane, Ashley Road, Nesby, Deer Haven, Forrest Drive, Refuge Road, Sullivan, Quail Meadows Road and Kevin Lane.
• Bridge Crew: Checked bridges on Old Warren Road and Gibbins Road. The grass and debris were cleaned up from around the bridges and around the intersection of the road. On Louis L. Ramsay Road, debris was cut from under the boat that is up in the air at the intersection of Highway 63 north.
• Patching Crew: Potholes were filled on Rob Roy Road with 28.51 tons of hot mix used on the road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: A culvert was installed on Serenity Road and used 8 yards of gravel to cover the culvert.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled hot mix to Rob Roy to use for filling potholes. Hauled top soil to put on the slopes at the Jefferson County Recycling Center.
• Grader Operators: Graded Celia, Osborn, Crofford, Sell Davis Road, Randolph, Dover, Johnnies Lane, Leslie’s Lane and Moorehead Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: The grass was cut on State Farm Road, Gilland Road and in the Tucker area.
• Sign Shop: A stop sign was put back up on Fluke Kelly Road in the Altheimer area. A stop sign had to be put back up on Castro Road off of German Springs Road. A speed limit sign was put back up on Hardin Reed Road. Worked in sign shop making signs for the Highway 270 area.
• Environmental Officer: Checked roads for illegal dumping and trashy yards on Quail Meadow, Sullivan Road, Kevin Road, Forrest Drive, Gaddy Koonce, Gbbins, Fabry Road, Harmony Church Road, Confer Road and Donham Road .
• Jefferson County processed 34.99 tons of tires.
• Get Rid of It brought in 67.06 tons of tires.
• Brought in 11 tire boxes.
• Took in three trash boxes.
• Brought three trash trailers in and took three trash trailers out.
• Brought in six mixed paper/cardboard/plastic recycling boxes.
• Clean up at Altheimer — provided two boxes.