Terminology for work and materials used:
Arkansas One Call: The state of Arkansas requires a one—call before digging begins on many of our roads and ditches. A one-call occurs when utilities locate their lines where the work is to be done. When the lines and pipes of the utilities are located they are marked to alert Jefferson County employees not to dig in that area.
SB2: Large gray gravel used on road to stabilize the road base.
Cold Mix: Asphalt used for patching potholes.
Hot Mix: Asphalt used to overlay roads.
CRS2: The oil used to chip-seal a road.
Calcium: Sprayed onto bridges and roads to melt snow and ice. Also used on gravel roads to control dust.
Rip Rap: Large rock used for washouts on ditch banks and around the ends of culverts. Rip is sometimes used as a sub base for new roads if there is a lot of water underground.
Sealing Chips: Gray crushed granite rock that is used with CRS2 to chip and seal a road.
Herbicide Spraying: Used around bridges and signs to kill weeds and bushes.
Mosquito Spraying: Jefferson County has a truck that is used to spray for mosquitoes. To request spraying in certain area, contact the Jefferson County Road Department at 534-7020.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on NCTR Road and Stagecoach Road with cold mix.
• Culvert Crews and Heavy Equipment Operators: Dug a cell to bury tire chips at the Jefferson County Recycling Center.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 to Skoal Road, Tobe Road and Chandler Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Skoal Road and spread 14 yards of SB2 on the road. Graded Tobe Road and spread 14 yards of SB2 on the road. Graded Chandler Road and spread 28 yards of SB2 on the road. Graded Baugh Road, Morrow Road and Bennett Road. Cut right of way on NCTR Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut limbs of Earl Chadick Road and cut around bridges on Sell Davis and Bennett Road and cleaned up the debris. Cut grass on Ray Dean Road, Riverside Drive and Joe T. Henslee Road. Also cut grass at Hestand Stadium.
• Sign Shop: Took sign down on Shine Road. Put a dead end sign on Lovelace Road. Checked NCTR and Stagecoach Road for missing signs. Made signs and replaced them.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut the right of way on NCTR Road.
• Sign Shop: Put a new road sign, railroad sign, curve sign and speed limit sign up on NCTR Road and Stagecoach Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Handley Road, River Road, Cherrywood Ave., Tracy Road, Wolfe Road. Two loads of hot mix were spread on Middle Warren Road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Dug a cell to bury the tire chips at the Jefferson County Recycling Center.
• Grader Operators: Graded Mail Route Road, Davis Place, Stedham Road, Wishbone Farm Road, Watkins Road, North Pack Road, Gibb Anderson Road and Bennett Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut the right of way on Riverside Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Morrow Road and Richmond Core Road. Sept. 10
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Wilderness Road and Hunter Road with cold mix.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Operators: Installed a pipe on Mail Route Road and covered it with one load of SB2. A hole was dug to bury tire chips at the Jefferson County Recycling Center.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 to Mail Route Road to be spread on the road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Carter Road, Natalie Road, Lampkin Road, White Hall Saddle Club Road, Brockman Road, Morrison Road, Ty Lane, Peaceful Valley Road, Sunset Road, Elderwood Road, Webb Road, Wood Road, Red Hunter Road, Sims Road, Honey Bee Road, Cactus Trail, Red Hall Road, Ferda Road, Tower Road, Griderfield Road and McEntire Road.
• Ditching Crew: Assisted the Jefferson County Clean Team in picking up 174 bags of trash that was in the ditches on Stagecoach Road from I-530 to Highway 365, and on NCTR Road from Highway 365 to the end of NCTR Road.
• Sign Shop: Flagged traffic on Old Warren Road for road repairs.
• Spraying for mosquitoes: Sprayed on Robinson Road, President’s Circle, Suburbia Drive, Sidney Avenue, Flipper Avenue, Jackson Drive, Hosmon Drive, Cimarron Drive, Jay Lynn Drive, Kinley Road, McFadden Road, Fletcher Road and Kimbrough Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Huck Finn Blvd., Becky Lane and Michelle Road with cold mix.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled two loads of ASB2 to the Jefferson County Road Department from Little Rock.
• Grader Operators: Graded Jefferson/Lincoln County Line Road, Guenther Road, Vaugine Road, Tucker Road, Dowd Road, Vandalsen Road and ground up East Baldwin Road, making it ready to put down SB2 on the road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Chandler Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass at Hestand Stadium.
• Sign Shop: Put two delineator signs on Mail Route Road. Put a stop sign and road sign on Magical Lane.
• Spraying for Mosquito’s: Sprayed on Handley Road, Craig Road, Ryan Road, Hunter Drive, Wolfe Road, McBurnnett Road, Jessica Drive, Nanci Cove, Winston Road, West Bitely Road and Moscow Store Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Donham Road, Toler Road, Mitchell Road with cold mix.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled two loads of SB2 to East Baldwin Road to spread on the road.
• Grader Operator: Graded Ty Road, Osborn, Celia, Jefferson County Firing Range, Sell Davis Road, Bayou Meto Recreational Road, Lucky Road. Cut the right of way on Brinkley Road and Donham Road. Two loads of SB2 were spread on East Baldwin Road after it was ground up. • Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditches on Old Star City Highway.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut the grass on Hardin Reed Road, Pony Trail and Rankin Road.
• Sign Shop: Checked signs on Hardin Reed Road and Hardin Road North. Painted the handicap emblem on the parking lane at the Jefferson County Road Office Complex.
Jefferson County Recycling Report
• Brought in eight tire boxes, five paper boxes, four trash boxes.
• Sent three trash trailers out, took three trash trailers in.
• Jefferson County brought in 38.37 tons of tires.
• Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 49.78 tons of tires.
• Set boxes for a community cleanup at 4500 block of Hemlock Street, 5400 block of West 6th Avenue and Short 3rd and Hutchinson Streets.