The 2012 Southeast Arkansas District Livestock Show Fair and Rodeo at Hestand Stadium is showcasing a variety of projects this year. These include animal exhibits such as pigs, chickens and cows as well as musical talent competitions and contests for educational Home Economics displays.
Thursday, the fair will host Student and Senior Citizens Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the Gospel Music Talent Show will be held at 6:30 p.m.
Hestand Stadium will also host the Arkansas Rodeo Association Finals with competition starting at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
“The top 15 cowboys in each class will compete for the title of best cowboy in the state, and it will be a wonderful show,” said Dale Dixon, president of the Southeast Arkansas Livestock Association.
The 73rd annual fair expects to bring in approximately 25,000 participants and will continue through Saturday.
• The annual parade is scheduled Thursday at 4:45 p.m. in downtown Pine Bluff on Main Street featuring
William Michael “Will” Strachota, the young son of the late U.S. Army Sgt. Michael J. Strachota of Pine Bluff, who was killed in Afghanistan in June.
• Armband Nights will continue from 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• Everybody’s Talent Show will begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday and Midnite Madness will be held from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• The Southeast Arkansas District Talent Show finals will be Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
• The rodeo final will be held at 7:30 p.m. Saturday as well as the crowning of the Rodeo Queen.
Details: Call Hestand Stadium at 535-2900.