The Pine Bluff Fire and Emergency Services Department will hopefully have a new deputy chief by next month, Chief Shauwn Howell said Wednesday night.
Howell said the six candidates for the job have completed their application process and are awaiting interviews. “A decision will be made after the interviews,” said Howell. “We’re working to get things done as quickly as possible.”
All of the applicants are already employed by the department. The hopefuls are:
• Lt. Bruce Bailey – He joined the department in 1999 as a firefighter and has since become an engineer.
• Lt. Harold Clark Jr. – Currently the public information officer, he joined PBFES in 2000.
• Capt. George Fallis – He is a 26-year veteran of the department.
• Lt. James M. Hipp – He joined the department in 1986 as a firefighter and has since progressed to engineer and station lieutenant.
• Ernest L. Jones – A 19-year PBFES veteran, he served as assistant fire marshal before becoming an emergency management coordinator.
• Cpt. Fred Tisdale – With the department for 24 years, he became a fire marshal after serving as a firefighter.
Applications were received through July 2.