LITTLE ROCK – Five public hearings, including one in Southeast Arkansas, will be held to receive comments from Arkansans on how to allocate approximately $26.7 million in funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Meetings are scheduled:
• McGehee, April 9, 11 a.m.; City Hall; 901 Holly St.
• DeQueen, March 22, 11 a.m.; Cossatot Community College, University of Arkansas; Adams Agriculture Building, Rooms 611 and 612; 183 College Drive.
• Siloam Springs, March 29, 11 a.m.; Community Room, Arvest Bank; Highway 412 and Holly Street.
• North Little Rock, April 1, 11 a.m.; Arkansas Municipal League; 301 W. Second St.
• Paragould, April 2, 11 a.m.; Community Center; 3404 Linwood Drive.
The meetings are hosted by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, in partnership with the Arkansas Development Finance Authority, the Arkansas Department of Human Services and the Arkansas Department of Health.
As a requirement to receive funds from HUD, these four agencies must submit to the public a single consolidated plan describing their planned use of the funds.
The comment period will extend for 30 days, ending at 4:30 p.m. April 16. Copies of the consolidated plan are available and may be reviewed at the county judge’s office in each county courthouse or at the library of every two-year and four-year college. Citizens may view the plan online at www.arkansasedc.com.
Details: Contact Basil Julian at 501-682-7392 or email bjulian@ArkansasEDC.com.