May 8 is World Red Cross Day and the American Red Cross has announced upcoming blood donation opportunities in Southeast Arkansas:
• 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 1 at Poyen High School, 111 N. School St. in Poyen;
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at the Arkansas Department of Correction, 2403 E. Harding Ave. in Pine Bluff;
• 1-5 p.m. Monday, May 6, at the American Red Cross, 1610 W. 42nd Ave. in Pine Bluff;
• 1:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, at First Baptist Church, 200 W. Wiley in Star City;
• 3-7 p.m. Thursday, May 9, at Gandy Elementary School, 400 Gandy Road in White Hall;
• 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, at Pine Bluff High School, 711 W. 11th Ave. in Pine Bluff;
• And 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, at the Dallas County Medical Center, 201 N. Clifton St. in Fordyce.
How to donate blood
Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.