The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood donors of all types, especially O negative, A negative and B negative, as fewer donations than expected were given in the first half of summer.
Here is a list of upcoming blood drives in the area:
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Kohler, 415 S. Oklahoma St. in Sheridan
• 12-6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 4, at Pauline Baptist Church, 909 N. Hyatt St. in Monticello;
• 1-5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, at the American Red Cross office, 1610 W. 42nd St. in Pine Bluff;
• 1-5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 8, at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, 1600 W. 40th St. in Pine Bluff;
• 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, at the Dallas County Medical Center, 201 N. Clifton St. in Fordyce.
Details: 1-800-RED CROSS or redcrossblood.org.