The Dollarway School District will holds registration for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 29 and 30, at James Matthews Elementary, 4501 Dollarway Road in Pine Bluff, and Martin Elementary, 103 Orchard in Altheimer.
Children may enter kindergarten if they will be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1.
To enter 3-year-old pre-kindergarten, children must turn 3 on or before Aug. 1. To enter 4-year-old pre-kindergarten, children must turn 4 on or before Aug. 1.
Parents or guardians will need the following documents to register their children:
- Updated Immunization Record
- Physical (yearly for ages 3-5 years)
- Proof of Income (a month’s worth of check stubs within the last 30 days before the date of enrollment) or a form from the state Department of Human Services stating that the applicant receives food stamps. (pre-K only)
- Proof of residence (a utility bill or lease agreement)
- Child’s Social Security Card
One of the following documents may be used to verify a child’s age:
1. A Birth certificate
2. A statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth.
3. An attested baptismal certificate
4. A passport
5. An affidavit of the day and place of birth by the child’s parent or guardian
6. Previous school records; or
7. A United States Military Identification.
For details contact Vivian Dale at Matthews Elementary at 870-534-2956 or 870-534-0726 or Mrs. Barnes at Martin Elementary at 870-766-0005.