The Gov. Mike Huckabee Delta Rivers Nature Center, 1400 Black Dog Road, has announced its upcoming events.
All events are free:
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept 14 — Plant Swap — Participants can bring up to five plants and leave with five new plants. There will be door prizes.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21 — Annual Nature Quilters Quilt Show — There will be quilts in seven different categories as well as hands-on activities, quilting and sewing vendors and a dutch oven cooking demonstration outside. Those wishing to enter the show can bring quilts to the center from Sept. 17-19. There is no entry fee. Ribbons will be awarded in each category.
• 5:30-7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23 — Beginning Camping — A kid- and family-friendly class that teaches camping basics.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 — Sporting Goods Swap — Buy, sell or trade old (or new) hunting, fishing and outdoor gear. For those with a lot of items, you can reserve a table for free. Participants can also donate their items to the Nature Center, which will use them or get them to someone who can. There will be appraisers on site for old fishing lures and duck calls. Parts, accessories and shooting supplies are fine, but no firearms will be allowed.
• 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 — Squirrel Hunting Seminar — Squirrel hunting techniques and how to cook them will be taught by one of Arkansas’ premier squirrel hunters: Clifton Jackson. Find out what habitat to look for, where to hunt and how to hunt with success.