The Shepherd’s Center of Pine Bluff recently released its spring 2013 session of classes.
Classes will be held each Wednesday beginning March 6 through April 24 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Lakeside United Methodist Church, 15th Avenue and Olive Street. The registration fee $10.
Classes will include:
• Computer Course — Phil McBee will teach a computer class at Arkansas River Education Service Cooperative, 912 W. Sixth Ave . This class will meet on Thursday instead of Wednesday.
• Line Dancing – Juanita Thompkins, instructor
• Art Workshop – Includes instruction by Barbara Owen-pastel, March 6; Dell Gorman-watercolor, March 13; Pat Sheffield-acrylic, March 20; Glenda Mullikin-acrylic, March 27; Marcia White-mixed medium, April 3; Linda Lewis-acrylic, April 10; Mary Earl Smith-watercolor, April 17; Vickie Coleman-acrylic, April 24
• Needle Work — Knitting, crochet and other methods of needle work taught by Barbara Fry and others
• Canasta – Join Nancy Paschal to learn and play this relaxing card game.
• Photography – Mike Adam, professional photographer will lead this class again this session.
• Tai Chi and Sumba classes led by South Central Center on Aging
• Explore the Bible – Rev. David Fleming Sr., pastor of First United Methodist Church will lead a study of the bible.
• Bird Watching – Led by Delos McCauley
• Learning to Communicate in Public – Join members of the Pine Bluff Toastmasters Club to learn how to ease the fear of speaking in public.
• Learn to play Marjohn — Alpha Hopkins, four classes in April only.
This and That classes will include miscellaneous arts and crafts classes. A different class will be held each week, led by the White Hall and Grace Willing Workers Extension Homemakers clubs. Classes will include jewelry-making with Vi Daniels, cooking with Zelda Hoaglan, a garden tour, plant swaps and more.
For more information, contact Bettye Johnson at 870-535-8037.