Senior Citizens-Students Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 3 at the Southeast Arkansas Livestock Fair & Rodeo at Hestand Stadium.
Senior citizens throughout Southeast Arkansas are invited to attend and participate in the entertainment, health screenings and health education, games and booths. There is no admission charge to attend and participate in this special one-day event.
The following outlines the tentative activities for the day:
• 9 a.m. — Gates open for senior citizens arriving by van or private vehicle
• 9:30 — Games, health screenings and exhibits open; Cummins Prison Band performing in the arena
• 10 — Opening ceremony in the arena
• 10:15 — Games, health screenings and exhibits re-open
• 10:30 — Star Steppers Square Dancers performing in the Exhibit Hall
• 11 — Doug Scallion performing in the arena; complimentary hot dogs, soft drinks and ice cream — designated concession area will be at the entrance to Exhibit Hall.
• 11:30 — Cummins Prison Band performing in the arena
• noon — Diamond Line Dancers performing in the Exhibit Hall
• 12:30 p.m. — Cummins Prison Band performing in the arena
• 2 p.m. — Entertainment, games, all activities and screenings conclude
There will also be clowns strolling through the fair and exhibit areas
Tentative exhibitors that will be conducting health screenings and providing information focusing on senior citizens will include AARP, Arkansas Secretary of State, ARORA, Area Agency on Aging of Southeast Arkansas, Arkansas Attorney General’s Office, Davis Life Care, Delta Resource Center for Independent Living, DHS — Division of Aging & Adult Services, Easy Access Medical Care, Fairfield Credit Union, Jefferson Comprehensive Care Center, Jefferson County Clerk – Voter Registration, Jefferson County RSVP, Men’s Health Issues/VA Health Information, Muscle Maintenance by Melva, Pine Bluff Fire Department, Pine Bluff Police Department, Southeast Arkansas College, Southeast Arkansas Regional Planning Commission, South Central Center on Aging, Southeast Arkansas Hospice, Trinity Village, True Home Care, UAMS College of Pharmacy Arkansas Poison Center, UAMS — Home Care Training Program (Schmieding Center) and University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
For additional information, call Kathy Mosley or Barrie Hardin at 870-543-6300 or toll free 800-264-3260; or e-mail email@example.com