Updated 

No charges filed in alleged 2013 rape


No charges were filed against a Pine Bluff man who was arrested last year and accused of rape.

Prosecuting Attorney S. Kyle Hunter said Wednesday his office made the decision not to charge Rodney Washington with rape.

The alleged incident occurred in late April of last year. During a probable-cause hearing in May, Deputy Prosecutor Maxie Kizer said the alleged victim told police she had met Washington at a party and after refusing a request to have sex with him, she tried to leave and Washington placed his hand over her mouth and forced her to have sex with him.

Hunter said he did not have the case file and could not provide more details on the decision.