Investigation into January burglary leads to arrest


A police investigation into an alleged residential burglary in mid-January resulted in the arrest of a man who was seen leaving the house by the owner’s son.

Reginald Henderson, 20, lived in the house behind the victim, Detective Mike Sweeney said in a probable cause affidavit presented Friday in district court.

Deputy Prosecutor Nicole Pugh said police were called Jan. 18 to No. 4 E. Richard Court, where the owner of the residence said his home had been broken into.

According to the affidavit, a bedroom window was broken, allowing the suspect to climb through the window and kick the door open on the owner’s locked bedroom door.

Pugh said the owner’s 15-year-old son was asleep on the couch when he awoke and saw a black male try to take a large, flat-screen television, then run when the suspect saw the teen. Nothing was reportedly taken from the house.

On Thursday, the boy was shown a photo lineup and identified Henderson as the person he saw in the house.

Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney set a $10,000 bond for Henderson, who Pugh said had no prior convictions or pending charges, after ruling prosecutors had probable cause to charge him with residential burglary.

Henderson said he would hire his own attorney.