The Southeast Arkansas Kennel Club Sweetheart Classic Best in Show competition was held Sunday afternoon at the Pine Bluff Convention Center.
The winner was a female saluki — Appalachia’s Allamyrra Hajji — owned by Pamela Arwood, Marinell McCowen and Gerry Thornton of Euless, Texas, and bred by Thornton and McCowen. The saluki also won the hound group.
The Reserve Best in Show winner was a female Chinese shar-pei — R-Lee Sparkle Plenty — owned by Larry and Deena Harvey of Forney, Texas, and bred by Pat L. Roach. The shar-pei also won the non-sporting group.
Other competitors in Best in Show, representing wins in each group, were:
• Herding — Si A Ge of Fu You Yuan Kennel, a male border collie owned by Jennifer Mosing, Jing Li and Nan Zhang of Youngsville, La., and bred by Jing.
• Toy — Rhapsody’s Someone Like You, a female maltese owned by T. Kasten, K. Holibaugh, P. Bailly, C. Emerson and W. Warke of Austin, Texas, and bred by Tonia Holibaugh.
• Terrier — Glentom’s Dirty Harry, a male bull terrier (colored) owned and bred by Terri and Mike Cournoyer and Glenna Wright of Louisville, Miss.
• Working — Willow Ridges Risky Business, a male mastiff owned by Jill Swarts, Nancy Walker and Mark Tichenor of Brashear, Texas, and bred by Anna Page and Cole Harvey.
• Sporting — Chesterhope State of T Art, a female pointer owned by Jennifer Mosing and Jordyn O’Neil of Youngsville, La., and bred by Diane O’Neil.