The roads that were repaired by the Jefferson County Road Department were as follows:
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Sorrells Road, Gibbins Road and Dial Road.
• Culvert Crews & Heavy Equipment Operators: Cleaned out culverts that were stopped up on Bohannon Road and Middle Warren Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled River Rock to Marshall Road and one load of bab to Jefferson County Road Department.
• Grader Operators: Graded Marshall Road and spread two loads of river rock on the road. Graded Gibb Anderson Road, Blackwell Road, Ellison Road and Cantrell Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut tree limbs on Summers Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Celia, Belmont Road, Abernathy Road, Clemmons Road, Gaddy Koonce Road, Forrest Oak Road, Quail Meadows Road, Snyder Road, Brown Cemetary Road, Clemmons Road and Winston Road and used 1.3 tons of cold mix.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled three loads of B-stone from Little Rock to the Jefferson County Road Department. Cleaned up area on Old Warren Road and hauled two loads of shingles and one load of leaves to the landfill.
• Sign Shop: Put sign up on Crooked Creek Road and Blackwell Road. Picked up barrels on Altheimer East Road. Made two signs for the city of Wabbaseka. Checked the signs on Jim Ford Road and South McKinney Road for visibility and good repair.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Gilliand Road and Hartley Dump Road.
• Culvert Crew: Covered a driveway culvert with 10 yards of SB2 on Middle Warren Road. Spread SB2 on Spring Lake Road and Serenity Lane.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 to Middle Warren Road, Spring Lake Road and Serenity Lane.
• Grader Operators: Graded Griderfield Road and Garrett Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Chandler Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut right of way on Crossett Road.
• Sign Shop: A road sign was put up on Tom Harvill Road. A stop sign and road sign were put up on Marshall Road. Checked Highway 79 north, Hartley Dump Road and Highway 133 for signs. Worked in the sign shop making signs the rest of the day.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Wabbaseka Road and North McKinney Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Altheimer East Road, McDonley Road and McIntire Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditches on Hardin Reed Road and Pointer Road as well as the culverts to cut down on flooding.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut limbs on right of way on Providence Road from Summers Road to Princeton Pike and cut the right of way on Princeton Pike.
• Sign Shop: Checked Old Warren Road for upcoming projects. Put road sign up on Bartlett Road. Checked signs on Highway 365 and NCTR Road. Worked in the sign shop making signs the rest of the day.
• Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditches on Whiteville Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Checked roads for potholes on State Farm Road, Wabbaseka Road and Longbell Road.
The Jefferson County Road Department has a mechanic shop that does various mechanical work on the county’s heavy equipment as well as cars and trucks that belong to Jefferson County.
Jefferson County Recycling Report
• Brought in eight paper boxes, seven tires boxes, three trash boxes.
• Brought in three trash trailers. Sent out three trash trailers.
• Jefferson County brought in 27.45 tons of tires. Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 15.21 tons of tires.
• Repaired the bailer in the paper building.
• Started the process of overhauling the No. 1 tire shredder with new teeth and bearings.
• Attended Southeast Arkansas Solid Waste Board meeting to provide an update on the District E-Waste hub.