The roads that were repaired by the Jefferson County Road Department last week were as follows:
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Eva Drive, Jamestown, Northwood, Besly Drive, Dan Road, Northridge Road, Birdsong Road and Cook Road.
• Culvert Crew & Heavy Equipment Operators: Spread 36 yards of red dirt at the Altheimer Fire Station and spread compost at the recycling center.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled 36 yards of red dirt to the Altheimer Fire Station. Hauled three loads of SB2 to the Jefferson County Road Department.
• Grader Operators: Graded Old Star City Road and Gibb Anderson Road.
• Ditching Crews: Cut ditches on Dogwood Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut right of way on McFadden Road. Cut grass on Big Mo Road, Bunge Road, Otto Hall Road and Blankenship Road.
• Sign shop: Put speed limit sign on Pine Cone and fixed the stop sign on Thicket Drive. Put two road signs and a stop sign on Longbell Road. Checked the signs on Middle Warren Road and Old Warren Road to make sure they are visible and in good shape.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Country Place, Serenity Lane, Richwood Drive, Jacks Road, Misty Creek, Surfside Lane and Pinebergen with cold mix.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled two loads of SB2 to Big Mo Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Ty Lane, Peaceful Valley Road, Lisa Lane, Melanie Lane, Honey Bee Road, Red Hall Road, Tower Road, Cactus Trail, Perdy Road, Fire Department Road, Tucker Street, Dowd Road, Vandalsen Drive. Graded Big Mo Road and spread two loads of SB2 on the road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Big Mo Road and Blankenship Road.
• Sign Shop: Put bridge sign on Mulberry Road, Grove Road and Wabbaseka Road. Checked signs on Clint Henderson Road, North Gilliand Road and Highway 31.
• Environmental Officer: Checked for trashy yards in Jefferson County.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on North and South Evans Road, Monk Road, Cook Road, Woodland Drive and Hardin Reed Road with cold mix.
• Grader Operators: Graded Blackwell Road, Ellison Road, Cantrell Road, Bearden Road, Gibb Anderson Road, Conley Road, Clark Thomas Road, Guenther Road, Danaher Road and Sims Road. Cut shoulder on Big Mo Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Blankenship Road and cut right of way on Jefferson Parkway.
• Sign Shop: Took signs to road repair crews on Highway 79 north. Did a one call on South Evans Road and McFadden Road where signs will be installed. Took signs that had been requested to the city of Wabbaseka. Worked in the sign shop the rest of the day.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Hardin Reed Road, Ashley Road, Evans Road, Cook Road, Providence Road and Checked Lee Springs Road, Shannon Valley Road for wash outs.
• Culvert Crew & Heavy Equipment Operators: Spread dirt at the Wabbaseka City Hall.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled three loads of dirt to the Wabbaseka City Hall.
• Grader Operators: Graded Blackwell Road, Ellison Road, Cantrell Road, German Springs Road, Bruce Trail, Osborn Road, and Celia Road. Cut the shoulder off on Big Mo Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Tamo River Road and Mabry Road.
• Sign Shop: Took barrels to Summers Road to mark off area for road repair. Checked signs on Lee Springs Road and made a one call report for McKelvin Road. Worked in the sign shop the rest of the day.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut right of way on Horn Street, Victory Street, Wagon Trace and Harvest Drive.
• Sign Shop: Put stop sign and road sign back up on Cross Road. Checked Gaddy Koonce Road, Whiteville Road, Highway 54, Ty Lane, Harmony Church Road, Jacks Road, Curtis Road, Spring Lake Road and Dyson Road signs for visibility and in good shape.
Jefferson County Recycling Report
• Brought in nine tire boxes, six paper boxes, three trash boxes.
• Brought in three trash trailers, sent out three trash trailers.
• Jefferson County brought in 54.39 tons of tires. Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 26.7 tons of tires.
• Progress continued on the new recycling center. All the new metal for the walls has been put on the building.
• Met with officials at Evergreen Packaging to identify the most efficient way to collect their recyclable materials, explore using waste boiler ash in various county projects, and burn Tire Derived Fuel at their facility.