The following is a list of people who have filed through Wednesday to run as independent candidates in the Nov. 4 general election for local municipal offices.
• The Rev. Jesse Turner for Pine Bluff Ward 1 alderman,
• Noel Foster for White Hall mayor,
• Tom Owens for White Hall city attorney,
• Ellen Welch for White Hall city clerk,
• Andrew Lunsford for White Hall Ward 1, Position 1 alderman,
• Ken Smith for White Hall Ward 1, Position 2 alderman,
• Scott Ray for White Hall Ward 2, Position 1 alderman,
• Dean Dancer for White Hall Ward 2, Position 2 alderman,
• David Beck for White Hall Ward 3, Position 1 alderman,
• Joel Foster for White Hall Ward 3, Position 2 alderman,
• Zola Hudson for Altheimer mayor,
• Donald Bruce Robinson for Altheimer mayor,
• Shenola Allison for Altheimer Ward 1, Position 1 alderman,
• Blanchie Laws for Altheimer Ward 1, Position 1 alderman,
• Linda Gipson for Althemer Ward 1, Position 2 alderman,
• Lester Hudson for Altheimer Ward 2, Position 2 alderman,
• Myra T. Edwards for Wabbaseka mayor,
• Robert L. White for Wabbaseka Position 1 alderman,
• Geary Don Robinson for Wabbaseka Position 2 alderman,
• Cleollia Robinson for Wabbaseka Position 3 alderman.
There are seats open for municipal office in Altheimer, Redfield, Humphrey, Pine Bluff, Wabbaseka, White Hall and Sherrill.
Even though the City of Pine Blluff held partisan primaries for alderman positions in May, candidates can still file petitions and run on a non-partisan basis. There is one seat open in each of the city’s four wards.
The positions of Pine Bluff mayor, city clerk and city treasurer are not open.
Candidates may submit press releases and a photo of themselves to The Commercial for publication until noon, Aug. 15, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 534-0113 or in person at 300 Beech St.