The 2014 Tri-State Soybean Forum will be held at the Dumas Community Center starting at 8 a.m. Friday. This year features experts from the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture and elsewhere. Speakers and presentations include:
• 8 a.m. Jeremy Greene, professor of entomology, Clemson University “A New Soybean Pest for the MidSouth The Kudzu Bug”
• 8:45 a.m. Terry Spurlock, extension plant pathologist, University of Arkansas “Spatial Distribution of Aerial Blight in Soybean Fields Undergoing Annual Rotations with Rice”
• 9:30 a.m. Grover Shannon, professor of soybean genetics and breeding, University of Missouri “Chloride Issues in Soybean Production”
• 10:15 a.m. Break
• 10:45 a.m. Larry Steckel, associate professor/row crop weed specialist, University of Tennessee “Managing Weed Resistance in Soybean Systems”
• 11:30 a.m. United Soybean Board representative, National Soybean Update
• 11:45 a.m. Lanny Ashlock, Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board Project manager & MidSouth Soybean Board Research coordinator, moderating a panel discussion with the Arkansas Race for 100 winners.
• 12:15 p.m. – Forum Collegiate Scholarship presentations.