A bid for improvements to roadways in Drew and Lincoln counties has been approved by the Arkansas State Highway Commission, according to Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department officials.
Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel Company of Pine Bluff was awarded the contract at $447,462.76.
The purpose of the project is to resurface 1.5 miles of roadway in Monticello and 1.8 miles of streets in Star City. The following is a list of the work being performed:
• Monticello — Jordan Drive from Scogin Drive to Hicks Drive, 0.3 miles
• Monticello — Hillcrest Street from Sout Pine Street to South Maple Street, 0.2 miles
• Monticello — North Hyatt Street from U.S. 425 to Gates Way Drive, 1.0 miles
• Star City — Dallas Avenue extending east from North Lincoln Avenue, 0.2 miles
• Star City — Dallas Avenue from Ashley Street to Maddox Street, 0.6 miles
• Star City — Church Street from North Lincoln Avenue to Pine Street, 0.7 miles
• Star City — Mill Street from Industrial Drive to East Dallas Avenue, 0.3 miles
Construction is scheduled to begin in two to four weeks, weather permitting. The project should be complete by this spring.
This project is being funded through the State Aid City Streets Program approved by lawmakers in 2011 and voters in 2012. This program provides $20 million annually from the state motor fuels tax to assist cities with projects selected by a nine-member panel of Arkansas Mayors.
Details: IDriveArkansas.com or ArkansasHighways.com or on Twitter @AHTD.