National Tourism Week will be celebrated May 3-11 in the “Harbor City,” according to the Pine Bluff Convention & Visitors Bureau.
“In recognition of the tremendous economic impact that travel and tourism have in our community, the Convention & Visitors Bureau is encouraging citizens to visit the many attractions we have right here in Pine Bluff during this special week,” a spokesman said.
Each year local museums and attractions open their doors to the public, introducing them to the history and culture in the community.
The local attractions and museums have free admission, however donations are accepted. During National Tourism Week, there will be registration buckets at all locations, where participants can register to win a $300 gift card.
The drawing will take place live on K-Train 104.5 FM at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 13. The winner will be notified.
The participating museums and attractions include:
• Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame – Pine Bluff Convention Center – 536-7600
• Arkansas Railroad Museum – 1700 Port Road – 535-8819
• Arts & Science Center for Southeast Arkansas – 701 Main St. – 536-3375
• Delta Rivers Nature Center – 1400 Black Dog Drive – 534-0011
• Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Historical Museum – 201 E. 4th Ave. - 541-5402
• The Martha Mitchell Home – 4th & Elm Street – 535-4973
• UAPB Museum & Cultural Center – 1200 N. University Ave. – 575-8236
Call the museums or attractions for hours of operation. Details: Call the Pine Bluff Convention & Visitors Bureau at 536-7600 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.