The Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Economic Opportunities Commission will begin accepting applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) at the Pine Bluff Convention Center beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
LIHEAP helps people with home energy and heating bills. Applicants for LIHEAP must meet income guidelines. For a household of one, monthly income is $1,482. For each additional person in the household, add $456. Applicants should bring a copy of the current utility bill, Social Security numbers and proof-of- income and dates of birth for all household members. Shut off notices are not being covered at this time. Additional information may be required.
In addition to the Monday event at the convention center, applications will be accepted at the following offices on a first come, first served basis each day from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until the office has met capacity that day:
• Jefferson County, EOC, 817 S. Cherry St. Details: Call 536-0046 or for Grant, Cleveland, Lincoln, and Arkansas counties call 1-800-277-1313.
• Grant County, the EOC Sheridan Office, 815 E. Center.
• Cleveland County, EOC Rison Office, 406 Main St.
• Lincoln County, EOC Star City Office, 107 S Drew St.
• Arkansas County, EOC Stuttgart Office, 425 S. Main St.