1. Strong Start Needed: Arkansas has spent the past two weeks trying to solve its struggles in the fourth quarter. Coach Bret Bielema said it hasn’t been the only emphasis as the Razorbacks prepare to face seventh-ranked Alabama.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said Monday the Razorbacks would have something special in store to help commemorate the 50th anniversary of their national championship team Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen couldn’t help but laugh when he thought back to his first career start.
1. Tough Running: Arkansas hasn’t had much trouble running on opponents, leading the NCAA in rushing touchdowns (20) and ranking sixth in rushing yards a game (316.6).
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas safety Alan Turner doesn’t know what it feels like to beat Alabama. But the fifth-year senior has plenty of company in Arkansas’ locker room.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson wrapped up his final week of the offseason by playing golf at Pinnacle Country Club last week.
FAYETTEVILLE — Alabama isn’t used to losing this early in the regular season.
1. Number Change : Arkansas coach Bret Bielema promised there would be a noticeable change with left tackle Dan Skipper when the Razorbacks began their bye week.
FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas-Alabama game was one of five in the Southeastern Conference being considered for CBS for its doubleheader Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema is proud of the progress his players have made since the day he arrived on campus.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas linebacker Martrell Spaight left no doubt about his rooting interest in the SEC West’s marquee matchup today.
1. Allen on Exchanges: Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen shouldered the responsibility for two botched exchanges with his centers during last Saturday’s loss to Texas A&M.
FAYETTEVILLE — Dan Skipper didn’t disagree with the decisions Wednesday.
1. More Work For Marshall: Arkansas running backs Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams have carried the load for the offense this season, combining for 1,107 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema was still frustrated about his team’s 35-28 overtime loss to Texas A&M on Sunday night, but the second-year coach got a quick glimpse of the respect his Razorbacks are earning while on a recruiting trip.
1. Open Kicking Competition: Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said the Razorbacks will open the place-kicking competition during the bye week after senior John Henson missed a 44-yard field goal in the 35-28 loss to Texas A&M last Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas baseball unveiled its 56-game schedule Tuesday. And Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn believes it will be one of the NCAA’s toughest.
1. Much-Needed Bye : Arkansas suffered a gut-wrenching loss to Texas A&M last Saturday.
Grading the Five Keys
ARLINGTON, Texas — Arkansas guard Denver Kirkland sat on the 15-yard line looking around AT&T Stadium in disbelief Saturday.