FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas linebacker Martrell Spaight left no doubt about his rooting interest in the SEC West’s marquee matchup today.
1. Allen on Exchanges: Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen shouldered the responsibility for two botched exchanges with his centers during last Saturday’s loss to Texas A&M.
FAYETTEVILLE — Dan Skipper didn’t disagree with the decisions Wednesday.
1. More Work For Marshall: Arkansas running backs Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams have carried the load for the offense this season, combining for 1,107 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema was still frustrated about his team’s 35-28 overtime loss to Texas A&M on Sunday night, but the second-year coach got a quick glimpse of the respect his Razorbacks are earning while on a recruiting trip.
1. Open Kicking Competition: Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said the Razorbacks will open the place-kicking competition during the bye week after senior John Henson missed a 44-yard field goal in the 35-28 loss to Texas A&M last Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas baseball unveiled its 56-game schedule Tuesday. And Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn believes it will be one of the NCAA’s toughest.
1. Much-Needed Bye : Arkansas suffered a gut-wrenching loss to Texas A&M last Saturday.
Grading the Five Keys
ARLINGTON, Texas — Arkansas guard Denver Kirkland sat on the 15-yard line looking around AT&T Stadium in disbelief Saturday.
ARLINGTON, Texas — For three quarters all Arkansas’ secondary questions appeared answered. Problems solved.
ARLINGTON, Texas — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said earlier this season left tackle Dan Skipper had become a marked man by officials because of his aggressiveness.
ALEX COLLINS — Collins finished with 131 yards on 20 carries, including a 50-yard touchdown giving Arkansas a 14-7 lead early in the second quarter. He broke into open space and planted hard in front of the last defender before juking away and scampering untouched to the end zone.
Key numbers in Texas A&M’s 35-28 overtime win against Arkansas:
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas ended its frustration in emphatic fashion earlier this month, snapping a 10-game losing streak with a 73-7 win against Nicholls State.
FIVE KEYS TO TODAY’S GAME
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas linebacker Martrell Spaight didn’t see his teammate.
1. Not Satisfied: Arkansas put together a 212-yard rushing performance in the 52-14 win against NIU, finding success against a rushing defense that had allowed 81 yards a game.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas recorded its most important win under Bret Bielema two weeks ago, traveling to Lubbock, Texas, to beat Texas Tech 49-28.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas didn’t win last year’s game against Texas A&M, but running backs coach Joel Thomas still took a fond memory away from the night.