FIVE KEYS TO TODAY’S GAME
FAYETTEVILLE — There’s nothing elaborate about the old shirt, but it’s loaded with special meaning for Tanner Burns.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas defensive end Trey Flowers will never forget his last trip to Jordan-Hare Stadium.
1. Big Task: Auburn’s offense slashed and gashed opponents with its ground game last season, leaning on the legs of quarterback Nick Marshall and running back Tre Mason .
FAYETTEVILLE — Evan Hollister and his son, Jacob, plan to get in front of the television in Laramie, Wy., as soon as they can Saturday.
LITTLE ROCK — An All-American quarterback, an Outland Trophy winner, and the first AFL player to be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame are among nine University of Arkansas representatives who will be inducted into the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame this year.
FAYETTEVILLE — Greg Schiano was stunned when Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith showed him the numbers earlier this month.
1. Wise Ready: Arkansas defensive end Deatrich Wise had an interesting way to describe his absence from preseason practices because of a sprained knee.
FAYETTEVILLE — Evan Hollister and his son, Jared, plan to get in front of the television in Laramie, Wy., as soon as they can Saturday.
1. Johnson to Start, Marshall to Play: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn hasn’t provided many details regarding his quarterback plan for Saturday’s opener against Arkansas the past few weeks. His game week press conference didn’t really clear up any questions, either.
FT. SMITH — Daytrieon Dean wanted to go ahead and take care of his college choice before concentrating on his senior season at Northside.
FAYETTEVILLE — When Bret Bielema first heard the noise early Monday morning, he thought it was the alarm telling him it was time to get out of bed.
1. Newcomers Impact Depth Chart: Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said before preseason camp his 2014 signing class would have an opportunity to make an impact right away.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen’s truck was set on fire early Monday morning and the incident is being investigated for arson.
FAYETTEVILLE — The grind of preseason camp finally reached its end last Friday, when Arkansas held a mock game in Razorback Stadium.
This is the final story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Arkansas opens the season at Auburn on Saturday.
This is the ninth story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Quarterbacks
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema is proud of what the Razorbacks have accomplished on and off the field throughout the long offseason.
This is the eighth story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Defensive line
1. Dean’s No Joe: Arkansas cornerback D.J. Dean is confident in his punt return skills. But the sophomore had a word of caution for everyone Thursday: He’s not Joe Adams .