FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas running back Korliss Marshall celebrated his 20th birthday Saturday.
1. Allen Earns Backup Role: Arkansas coach Bret Bielema has made a decision about his backup quarterback.
This is the third story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Special teams
1. Show Time … Sort of: Arkansas will open its practice field to fans for the first time this preseason when it scrimmages in Razorback Stadium this afternoon. But don’t count on the Razorbacks to reveal much with season opener at Auburn two weeks away.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Mike Anderson believes he has the pieces in place to get the Razorbacks back into the NCAA Tournament.
This is the second story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Offensive line.
1. No Turnovers : Arkansas’ offense managed to stay turnover free during Thursday’s practice.
This is the first story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Cornerbacks
FAYETTEVILLE — The space was nothing more than a storage area a year ago, crammed with a collection of unusual artifacts and junk. Mostly junk.
1. Wise Suffers Knee Sprain: Defensive end Deatrich Wise did not participate in Wednesday night’s practice in Razorback Stadium because of a sprained knee he suffered earlier this week.
FAYETTEVILLE — Offensive lineman Cameron Jefferson knew it would take some time to make the transition to Arkansas’ system.
1. Peters Reaction: Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith declined to comment on middle linebacker Otha Peters ’ departure on Tuesday night. Instead, Smith said it’s simply “next guy in” as the Razorbacks replace the junior on the depth chart.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas kicker John Henson was elated to find out he was going on scholarship for his senior season.
1. Peters Transferring: Arkansas linebacker Otha Peters is transferring, according to coach Bret Bielema .
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Rafe Peavey finally got his opportunity to run the offense after the midway point of Saturday’s scrimmage in Razorback Stadium. But Peavey’s first play of the day didn’t exactly go as planned.
1. Moving Up Inside: Taiwan Johnson came to Arkansas as a 235-pound defensive end.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas sophomore Drew Morgan wanted to prove he was worthy of playing time after having only three passes thrown his way last season.
1. Running Back Injuries: Running back Alex Collins , who led Arkansas in rushing as a true freshman last season, did not participate in Saturday’s 93-play scrimmage.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas held a 93-play scrimmage in Razorback Stadium on Saturday.