Key Performers from Arkansas’ 17-0 win against LSU:
Key numbers in Arkansas’ 17-0 win vs. No. 20 LSU:
FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas men’s basketball team has worked its way through the two-game exhibition season.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas safety Alan Turner has never really experienced the joy of beating LSU during his collegiate career.
FIVE KEYS TO TONIGHT’S GAME
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas’ debut under new coach Jimmy Dykes didn’t exactly go as planned in the first half Friday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas women’s basketball coach Jimmy Dykes has heard the constant criticism since stepping into his new position last spring.
1. Remember Last Year: Arkansas has lost in a variety of ways during its 17-game SEC slide. But it’s hard for safety Alan Turner to find one more frustrating than the 2013 season finale.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas will open the 2014-15 season against Alabama State in Bud Walton Arena on Sunday afternoon.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas linebacker Brooks Ellis and the rest of the Razorbacks know exactly what LSU wants to accomplish on offense Saturday night.
FAYETTEVILLE — Keaton Miles had to wait a long time for his Arkansas debut.
1. Not Thanksgiving: Arkansas defensive tackle DeMarcus Hodge had grown accustomed to playing LSU the day after Thanksgiving. So forgive the junior for feeling a little strange this week.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen had an important message for tight end Hunter Henry late in the fourth quarter at Mississippi State.
1. Running Room: Arkansas running back Alex Collins had trouble finding running room in SEC losses to Alabama and Georgia last month.
FAYETTEVILLE — LSU was eliminated from the SEC West’s championship race after its 20-13 overtime loss to Alabama on Saturday night.
1. Embrace the Chill: Arkansas and LSU will be playing in frigid weather in Razorback Stadium on Saturday night. So Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said Monday he wants the Razorbacks — and Arkansas fans — prepared as temperatures plunge this week.
1. Disappointed Tigers: Arkansas will play a Southeastern Conference opponent that isn’t ranked in the top 10 for the first time this season on Saturday night in Razorback Stadium.
By Robbie Neiswanger
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Mike Anderson believes forward Jacorey Williams is one of the most improved players on his roster this season.
FAYETTEVILLE —Ky Madden had to play the role of Arkansas’ primary ball hander with no true point guard on the 2013-14 roster.