1. No Turnovers : Arkansas’ offense managed to stay turnover free during Thursday’s practice.
This is the first story in a 10-part series previewing the 2014 Razorbacks. Up next: Cornerbacks
FAYETTEVILLE — The space was nothing more than a storage area a year ago, crammed with a collection of unusual artifacts and junk. Mostly junk.
1. Wise Suffers Knee Sprain: Defensive end Deatrich Wise did not participate in Wednesday night’s practice in Razorback Stadium because of a sprained knee he suffered earlier this week.
FAYETTEVILLE — Offensive lineman Cameron Jefferson knew it would take some time to make the transition to Arkansas’ system.
1. Peters Reaction: Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith declined to comment on middle linebacker Otha Peters ’ departure on Tuesday night. Instead, Smith said it’s simply “next guy in” as the Razorbacks replace the junior on the depth chart.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas kicker John Henson was elated to find out he was going on scholarship for his senior season.
1. Peters Transferring: Arkansas linebacker Otha Peters is transferring, according to coach Bret Bielema .
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Rafe Peavey finally got his opportunity to run the offense after the midway point of Saturday’s scrimmage in Razorback Stadium. But Peavey’s first play of the day didn’t exactly go as planned.
1. Moving Up Inside: Taiwan Johnson came to Arkansas as a 235-pound defensive end.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas sophomore Drew Morgan wanted to prove he was worthy of playing time after having only three passes thrown his way last season.
1. Running Back Injuries: Running back Alex Collins , who led Arkansas in rushing as a true freshman last season, did not participate in Saturday’s 93-play scrimmage.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas held a 93-play scrimmage in Razorback Stadium on Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas had nothing but inexperience at linebacker last summer as it prepared for the 2013 season.
1. Scrimmage Time: Arkansas safety De’Andre Coley and the rest of his teammates have been waiting patiently for Saturday to arrive. Now that it’s here, Coley has big plans.
FAYETTEVILLE — This isn’t Nolan Richardson’s first trip to Springfield, Mass.
1. Duwop Settling In: Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said last spring it was taking redshirt freshman Damon Mitchell some time to come to grips with his move to wide receiver.
FAYETTEVILLE — Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive said last month it is “critical for the NCAA to change” by granting legislative autonomy for the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas running back Korliss Marshall has watched his teammates get plenty of recognition.
1. Freshman Impressing: Freshman Bijhon Jackson was expected to be a candidate for early playing time before Arkansas opened preseason camp.