FAYETTEVILLE — Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury hasn’t been thrilled with his team’s performance to start the 2014 season.
1. Bielema Remembers Kingsbury : Arkansas coach Bret Bielema’s first encounter with Kliff Kingsbury came in the 2001 Alamo Bowl.
Looking back at Arkansas’ 73-7 win against Nicholls State.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas 73-7 win against Nicholls State was one of the most dominant performances in school history.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen knew the first play from scrimmage was going for a touchdown when he saw tight end A.J. Derby.
FAYETTEVILLE – Snacking on cupcakes can be healthy.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas played a Football Championship Subdivision opponent for the 10th straight season Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — The losing streak is approaching one year now, but Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen doesn’t need any reminders. He’s living through it.
FIVE KEYS TO TODAY’S GAME
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas’ defensive backs had problems throughout the season opener, struggling to keep pace with Auburn’s much-improved receiving corps.
1. Wilson’s Return: Arkansas wide receiver Demetrius Wilson waited a long time to get back on the field after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last preseason.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas guard Denver Kirkland remembered turning in an “average” performance in last season’s loss to Auburn.
1. Nutt Returns, Praises Tempo: Houston Nutt wasn’t exactly a proponent of the hurry-up, no-huddle offense when he had Gus Malzahn on his staff at Arkansas during the 2006 season.
FAYETTEVILLE — Nicholls State coach Charlie Stubbs knows all about the Southeastern Conference.
1. Dissecting Mistake: Auburn defensive back Jermaine Whitehead’s 33-yard interception return for a touchdown as one of the key moments in Arkansas’ 45-21 loss last Saturday.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said he was beside himself Saturday night after the 45-21 loss at Auburn.
1. Allen Assessment: Arkansas offensive coordinator Jim Chaney left Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium believing his starting quarterback played a solid game despite the 45-21 loss.
Looking back at Arkansas’ 45-21 loss at No. 6 Auburn
AUBURN, Ala. — Arkansas traveled to Auburn determined to show it was a much-improved team after stumbling through its first season under coach Bret Bielema.
AUBURN, ALA. — It didn’t matter which Auburn quarterback was in the game, Arkansas couldn’t stop either one Saturday.