Fourteen members were present at the recent meeting of Camden Road Extension Homemakers Club at Whiteville Missionary Baptist Church.
The program “Getting Excited About Your Family History” was given by Wanda Felts and Dorothy Green. Several good examples were given by Felts.
A good recipe for sunscreen was given by Esta Kealer, who also gave a handy hint about a midnight snack.
Items discussed at the meeting included:
• Several members played Bingo with residents at Garden Pointe.
• The club project for the coming year is food the for the local food pantries with Sandra Malone as the chairman.
• The county picnic was scheduled for Aug. 9 at the Extension office. Bingo would be played and the club was to provide gifts.
• Arkansas Children’s Hospital is asking for teaching dolls, which will be made by each club.
• The group would take a fellowship tour to the Rice Expo at Stuttgart.
The birthday celebration for July and August, honoring Andrea Hartley, Kathy Rogers and Malone, will be held at Sam’s Southern Eatery on Aug. 19.
Felts and Green served as hostesses for the meeting.