The Pine Bluff Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. is currently accepting applications for its 2014-2015 Delta Academy and G.E.M.S. (Growing & Empowering Myself Successfully) programs.
These programs are designed for young girls within the community ages 11 to 18 years old.
The purpose of these programs is:
• To bond with the young ladies through mentorship.
• To sharpen skills in the STEM areas of “Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics”.
• To build self-esteem, leadership and social skills.
• To instill academic excellence.
• To assist in proper goal setting for college and career planning.
• To create compassionate, caring, and community-minded young ladies.
The girls will participate in community service projects, field trips, workshops, cultural enrichment and bonding activities. The program is conducted throughout the school year.
Interested students and parents are asked to contact a sorority member at their local school for an application or contact the committee chairs at 870-692-3403 or 870-413-1229. The deadline to apply is Sept. 5.