ABATE District 20 will host its monthly meeting Sunday at the Delta Rivers Nature Center. The board of directors will meet at 1:30 p.m., and the group meeting will begin at 2 p.m.
Riders who want to enter the 2014 Mileage Challenge should bring the $10 entry fee and proof of mileage on their motorcycle (photo of odometer with date). The Riders Challenge is a contest to see who rides the most miles during 2014. The contest will end in December. Jerry Pye, the new road captain, will be coordinating the contest.
The group recently started a Facebook page, “ABATE District Twenty”, to keep the public informed about local events involving motorcyclists. Other February events will include:
• Feb. 14 — ABATE District 20 Dinner Ride
• Feb. 15-16 — ABATE District 1 swap meet at the State Fairgrounds in Little Rock
• Feb. 20 — Bike Night at Beaucoups Cajun Cafe
Future events include:
• May is Motorcycle Awareness month. On May 4 an ABATE Freedom Rally will be held at the State Capitol from 2 to 5 p.m.
• June 7-8: ABATE Arkansas Circle the State Ride
All motorcyclists are welcome.