Patsy Strode, chairwoman of the Southeast Arkansas District Fair Talent Committee, has announced the names of the talent and queen winners who will advance from the district to the Arkansas State Fair shows on Thursday through Saturday at Little Rock.
Kenley Reynolds of Calhoun County is the new Junior Fair Queen for the Southeast Arkansas District. Kenley, 14, lives at Hampton and is a ninth-grade student at Hampton High School.
Miss Southeast Arkansas District Fair Queen is Brittney Humphrey of Calhoun County. A resident of Fordyce, she is 20 years old and a student at Henderson State University at Arkadelphia.
Greg Gustek, master of ceremonies, and Mindy Melton, Talent Show Committee member, crowned the queens. It was a new responsibility for the talent committee to accept the responsibility to plan and present the talent show and the queen contest.
Melton commented that both were successful and the talent show had grown by 35 percent.
Strode added that it was a pleasure to offer more activities for youth interested in participating in the District Fair.
Show winners advancing to state include:
• Dance solo — Delaney Dalton from Pine Bluff, who represented Jefferson County;
• Instrumental solo on the piano — Sydney Foster also from Jefferson County.
• Hailey Conner won vocal solo in the district show. She is from Cleveland County and is in the 10th grade at Woodlawn High School near Rison.
• The dance group advancing to the Arkansas State Fair includes Charlee Carter, Alex Jones and Bliss Jaggers of Monticello, who represented Drew County. They performed a tap dance to the song “It Doesn‘t Matter.”
• Vocal group winners advancing to state include Jefferson County representatives Monkevis Edwards, Maleek Ware, Martel Culclager and Devone Russell of Pine Bluff. Their performance of the song “Still of the Night” was quite a crowd pleaser.
• Zoey Jane Stubbs from Pine Bluff was selected to represent Jefferson County in the dance solo competition at the Arkansas State Fair.
• Ashley Granderson was introduced as the Jefferson County Fair Queen and she will also compete in the queen contest at the fair.
These winners will perform during the Arkansas State Fair Southeast Arkansas District Fair Day on Thursday. Grand Champ Talent winners will be named Saturday.
Special recognition was given to the participants of the Gospel Talent and the Everybody’s Talent shows. They were:
• Vocal Solo — Gracie Sparks, Grant County
• Vocal Group — SAC Singers: Sharelyn Jacks, Alesia Grinage, and Cameron Gardner
• Vocal Solo — Patricia Barnes, Jefferson County
• Vocal Solo — Breana Ogden, Pulaski County
• Instrumental Solo — Sydney Foster, Jefferson County
• Dance Solo — Mallory Stuckey, Cleveland County
• Vocal Solo — Sharelyn Jacks